• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeVonta is one of only seven receivers in the NFL with 175-plus receptions, 2,500-plus receiving yards and 15-plus receiving touchdowns since the start of the 2022 season.
I definitely think he's earned the extension. And he's young enough + the contract is short enough that if he continues to flourish, another monster payday could possibly follow.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely hope the eagles extend him to a long term deal. (past 2025)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely hope the eagles extend him to a long term deal. (past 2025)
You got your wish. The extension goes through the 2027 season. He will be around 28-29. That would be his first 7 years in the NFL at an average annual value of 14.25 million. Sign me up for that kind of salary and production they’ll get out of this contract.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got your wish. The extension goes through the 2027 season. He will be around 28-29. That would be his first 7 years in the NFL at an average annual value of 14.25 million. Sign me up for that kind of salary and production they’ll get out of this contract.
Schmoopy doesn't even know what year it is or what the word long means. You just responded to a brick.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do these Dallas guys go to a store at this point and have the VCR tape converted to a DVD or a MP4 video on a hard drive or something? Clearly Dallas is not ever going to win again under Jerry Jones. Do you invest in preserving these three decade old Super Bowl memories?

I am still waiting for @jarntt and the other naysayers to tell us how Philly is managing to retain people with its supposedly crippling salary cap problems, btw.

Perhaps they will admit they were wrong?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do these Dallas guys go to a store at this point and have the VCR tape converted to a DVD or a MP4 video on a hard drive or something? Clearly Dallas is not ever going to win again under Jerry Jones. Do you invest in preserving these three decade old Super Bowl memories?

I am still waiting for @jarntt and the other naysayers to tell us how Philly is managing to retain people with its supposedly crippling salary cap problems, btw.

Why do you do Cowboys shit in every Eagles thread? It’s gotten really gay.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was great at bama,but Cooper was better.he,s a decent pro imo.most bama players are

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

over the years,most of the nfc east teams humiliated Dallas in the playoffs,skins 2 times ,eagles once

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've been kicking the can down the road for at least 10 years now....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take a look at last year. You lost between like 5 or 10 guys that started for other teams including two DBs and a DT that might have kept you from having one of the most embarrassing, monumental collapses in NFL history had you retained them. That's the cap impact right there. Heck, even the 2 LBers you lost might have kept you from collapsing after watching how horrible your tackling was down the stretch. When you have cap issues you tend to lose depth. You only look at the adds and ignore the subtractions. The whole cap discussion started a while back and trading Wentz was the first bail out. Had you not done that there would have been an issue then. Now this year you traded your best pass rusher and Hurts bigger cap numbers haven't even hit yet. I don't have to even look to see that Smith's contract will have a shit ton of dead money after it ends. Signing players isn't a cap issue unless they are one year deals as the money is always in the back of the deal. Saquon's cap hits for his first two years average what, $4M? Its the dead money that will hit aftter he is gone that will be an issue.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at last year. You lost between like 5 or 10 guys that started for other teams including two DBs and a DT that might have kept you from having one of the most embarrassing, monumental collapses in NFL history had you retained them. That's the cap impact right there. Heck, even the 2 LBers you lost might have kept you from collapsing after watching how horrible your tackling was down the stretch. When you have cap issues you tend to lose depth. You only look at the adds and ignore the subtractions. The whole cap discussion started a while back and trading Wentz was the first bail out. Had you not done that there would have been an issue then. Now this year you traded your best pass rusher and Hurts bigger cap numbers haven't even hit yet. I don't have to even look to see that Smith's contract will have a shit ton of dead money after it ends. Signing players isn't a cap issue unless they are one year deals as the money is always in the back of the deal. Saquon's cap hits for his first two years average what, $4M? Its the dead money that will hit aftter he is gone that will be an issue.
Wow more clueless than I had imagined.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow more clueless than I had imagined.
So you think you still collapse like a house of cards last year if you re-signed Hargrave and CJGJ? And remember Slay was gone until CJGJ turned down your offer and then Howie switched course and signed him instead

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think you still collapse like a house of cards last year if you re-signed Hargrave and CJGJ? And remember Slay was gone until CJGJ turned down your offer and then Howie switched course and signed him instead
Oh did you write something about that I was busy laughing at the wentz stuff. He'd still be an Eagle today if not for that darned salary cap!!! Aww shucks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh did you write something about that I was busy laughing at the wentz stuff. He'd still be an Eagle today if not for that darned salary cap!!! Aww shucks.
Who said that? Damn your reading comp is shitty

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The Eagles didn’t have poor DT play. The Eagles issue wasn’t not paying players. It was poor evaluations made on the guys drafted and signed to replace them. The only FAs that left the Eagles after 2022 that had decent seasons were Seamalu who went to Pittsburgh and TJ Edwards in Chicago.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. The Eagles didn’t have poor DT play. The Eagles issue wasn’t not paying players. It was poor evaluations made on the guys drafted and signed to replace them. The only FAs that left the Eagles after 2022 that had decent seasons were Seamalu who went to Pittsburgh and TJ Edwards in Chicago.
They didn't tire down the stretch because of all the snaps they were playing? I heard that often in December

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't tire down the stretch because of all the snaps they were playing? I heard that often in December
Tired of what? Getting beat all the time? That was arguably the worst LB corp I’ve ever seen and that was before Nakobe Dean’s injury. It was even worse after it. The Eagles were playing 3 LBs and all three were straight dog shit.