• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #4 NE Patriots vs Green Bay Packers Sunday October 2, 2022 4:25 PM EST

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that everyone knew about Zappe is that he never worked under center in college when he broke every friggin college passing record. BB had to put him in the game and of course they put him immediately under center to hand off. Of course the Packers had no idea that's what he'd be doing so the Patriots did it two times in a row and gained three yards. Do you think that the Pack even suspected that he'd be in the shotgun on third down??

I think the kid did extremely well for never having have been in a real game previously. He didn't give the ball away and seemed to be playing with increasing ease as the game progressed.

Anyon notice that Matt was calling the offense in the first half and Joie was calling the second? How the hell can there be any continuity if there's a constant change in offensive rhythm?

As far as BB goes, he spent way too much time bitchin' and screamin' at the sideline official yesterday. From the amount of camera shots that were being shown. Even the booth made a couple of comments about it. He should know that they are not going to stop the game and all gather around a laptop to see if his complaints are valid. They certainly aren't going to listen to him unless he tosses the red flag.
3rd string QB probably hasn't even seen the first string OL or WR's except for in the showers.

Timing and chemistry may be off just a bit. Still, I liked what I saw.

He's got some zip on the ball, and he doesn't dance.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What offensive plays yesterday are pissing you off that you say we need to get an OC? I thought MP called the game ridiculously well, especially when you consider the situation they were in.

Contrary to what BK is saying, it looked to me that MP called the whole game while JJ seemed more to be coaching up Zappe on the sideline though I could be wrong.
What situation were the in?

The Red Zone continues to suck.

Zappes TD was a gimme by the refs.

Wynn is a saloon door.

Back to back delay of game calls tend to be on the play not getting in fast enough

The run game is decent but this all feels vanilla to me

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha touche! I did see that early this AM. How they didn't see that one is beyond me. Clear 0 on play clock well before the snap
After a commercial they showed two refs discussing it with one indicating he called for the clock to be reset. That might be why he let it go.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that the league is going to tell the officials to really tighten up on anything that even appears to be a late hit on the QB. It'll be their way of trying to make it appear that they are taking action. The hits were not late, just hard. Hoyer's didn't even appear to be that hard. The NFL has to make it look like they don't want any more QBs to be hurt playing a physical game.
Tua was holding the ball. How is that a late hit?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a commercial they showed two refs discussing it with one indicating he called for the clock to be reset. That might be why he let it go.
Did not see that one. Makes sense then now why it wasn't called

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People seem impressed with his college career @ Houston Baptist and Western Kentucky I am not. Easy to break records when playing against scrubs.

Fucking BB get an O Coordinator and stop the BS..

BB gets pissed but he know the rules better than most refs I heard he was pissed with the clock being reset when it should not have.
and it never mattered since that play was challenged.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua was holding the ball. How is that a late hit?
It was not, and scrambling QBs tend to take harder hits. Had that been Brady he would have gone straight down, because Tua was trying to spin out he actually IMO added to the force of the impact.

IMO the league should mandate, When a player is in concussion protocol they automatically go into zero football contact for 10 days. At the end of ten days the player will be reevaluated and another MRI done. The MRI and Medical Exam should be from a facility not in anyway associated to the NFL

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not, and scrambling QBs tend to take harder hits. Had that been Brady he would have gone straight down, because Tua was trying to spin out he actually IMO added to the force of the impact.

IMO the league should mandate, When a player is in concussion protocol they automatically go into zero football contact for 10 days. At the end of ten days the player will be reevaluated and another MRI done. The MRI and Medical Exam should be from a facility not in anyway associated to the NFL

I don't see why this was never in their initially.

Except the league truly does NOT care about player safety!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What situation were the in?

Third stringer rookie QB? Seems like a bit of a situation to me.

Matt called a great game IMO. The running game was fantastic but the right calls were being called for it to be effective. The Packers defense is solid and we moved the ball.

Certainly not trying to be overly optimistic or anything but give Zappe a week taking starter reps and he might be ok. I'd take him over Hoyer.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zappe seems to be calming down and

fucking Wynn gives up another sack and Zappe gets stripped.

Belichick deserves to be fired for not getting rid of that piece of shit.

I don't care what he does, but don't keep risking the lives of any more QBs by letting him play on this team.
Wynn has had a bad season. Think that's why we brought back Cannon?
Wynn had an even worse day! To think I used to like his play!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a realist , these homer simps believe in Belichick
I don't see why this was never in their initially.

Except the league truly does NOT care about player safety
You are a realist The Simps believe in Belichick , we will see