• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free agency 2015 - The day where nothing makes sense and the money don't matter.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratboy settles out of court...

Predators forward Mike Ribeiro and his wife have settled out-of-court with a former nanny who made graphic sexual assault claims against the 35-year-old center, some of which allegedly occurred when she was a teenager.

The court-appointed mediator filed a report with the court late Wednesday afternoon saying that an eight-hour mediation July 6 resulted in a settlement of the suit.

The terms of the settlement were not disclosed.

"This civil matter has been amicably resolved without incurring further time-consuming and potentially costly litigation," Ribeiro's attorney, Brian Lauten of Dallas' Deans & Lyon, said in a statement to NashvillePost.com.

How the fuck do you settle out of court when claims are made she was a minor?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck do you settle out of court when claims are made she was a minor?
It was a civil suit, not criminal. So from a legal perspective this wasn't really any different than if you sued a hospital or doctor for medical malpractice.

Things would get much more interesting if a DA determined there was probably cause to start criminal proceedings.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a civil suit, not criminal. So from a legal perspective this wasn't really any different than if you sued a hospital or doctor for medical malpractice.

Things would get much more interesting if a DA determined there was probably cause to start criminal proceedings.

Although with a settlement already out there, finding people willing to testify gets increasingly difficult.

Which is why civil trials usually happen after criminal ones.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know, but she was allegedly a "teenager" so may still have been old enough for legal consent.

I should have added full disclosure. I am living in KY and the laws may be a leetle different here :nod:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have added full disclosure. I am living in KY and the laws may be a leetle different here :nod:

men-s-gettin-lucky-in-kentucky-t-shirt-palmercash-1.jpg

And here's Lucky...

A613-Lost-Dog-Lucky.jpg