• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars are the only home team to lose game 1 in the first round.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked Dallas to go all the way in a hockey pool I entered so feel free to blame me lol
I’ll tell you who I’m NOT going to blame and that’s VGK and how they use LTIR. Especially when the Stars used it as well with Dadonov’s injury.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not personal, Bono. Everyone just hates a cheater.
I still just don't understand whatsoever how the NHL doesn't have an independent system that verifies LTIR injuries. There's so relatively few of them throughout the year that it can't be that hard to have doctors who are completely unaffiliated with the league or its franchises sit with the patient and verify these serious injuries and whether they are meeting the criteria.

That, more than Robidas Island or Mark Stone's annual spring vacation, is what truly pisses me off. Just another joke from a joke league.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still just don't understand whatsoever how the NHL doesn't have an independent system that verifies LTIR injuries. There's so relatively few of them throughout the year that it can't be that hard to have doctors who are completely unaffiliated with the league or its franchises sit with the patient and verify these serious injuries and whether they are meeting the criteria.

That, more than Robidas Island or Mark Stone's annual spring vacation, is what truly pisses me off. Just another joke from a joke league.
The leagues verification system is this:
League: "Is he really hurt?"
Team: "Yes, he is"
League: "Good enough for me"

It's a problem that seems so easily fixable, but you need the league to agree it's a problem.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, let me just add that I don't have a problem with what Vegas are doing, they're just following the same blueprint that Chicago and Tampa Bay have successfully implemented.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, let me just add that I don't have a problem with what Vegas are doing, they're just following the same blueprint that Chicago and Tampa Bay have successfully implemented.
I’m beyond it myself. It’s damn sure no excuse for that first period Monday night.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, it's always tougher when you're chasing the game. Also, where's the playoff Otter that played against the Flames a few years ago?
Well it would be useful if he chose to show up tonight...

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with what Vegas are doing, they're just following the same blueprint that Chicago........

Covering up sexual assaults?

Oh wait, that is another matter the League does not properly investigate.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Covering up sexual assaults?

Oh wait, that is another matter the League does not properly investigate.

I would add that the punishment handed down isn't even close to appropriate. The fact that they were still able to draft Connor Bedard and will get another top prospect in this upcoming draft is pretty unbelievable.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add that the punishment handed down isn't even close to appropriate. The fact that they were still able to draft Connor Bedard and will get another top prospect in this upcoming draft is pretty unbelievable.
What do you mean? It took them almost 2 hours of jersey sales after learning they won the lottery to make up the amount they were fined. That's a long time.