• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Djokovic-Tsonga

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a message board post:

+++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...php?p=22727129

Im translating to you, so bear any mistakes.
Source - http://www.b92.net/sport/tenis/vesti...&nav_id=855119

The Frenchman beat Jerzy Janowicz 3-0 and won a 17th head clash match with Serbian tennis player.

Djokovic has won 11 of the previous 16, and 9 of their last 10 clash with Tsonga, who said that Serb ruined his career because he won some important matches in the past.

"I am very happy with the way I played matches so far in the tournament. It was not easy, but I played good seems so. I am happy because I went ahead and got the opportunity to play against Novak. It will be a great challenge for me. In that match I am an outsider and have the opportunity to do something more, "said Tsonga.

Are you afraid of something when you play against Djokovic?

"There are many things that you should be afraid when you play against Novak, but I should concentrate on my game. From the first to the last point I have to be maximally focused. I can not affored to give him cheap points. Sure. I'll have to play a great game if Iam to beat him. He is one of the best, maybe the best player in the world. Therefore, I will have to play very well and I'm ready for it. "

Your career and Novak's have a lot in common. It started 2008 in the final of the Australian Open. Is he a special rival for you such as Roger and Rafa?

"I think all of these players have something special. As for Novak, he is concerned, I won against him often, but not important duels and big tournaments. He has ruined my career. I wish if I could turn all things around. "

Does this mean that you will approach the clash with the desire for revenge?

"No, I'm not vindictive. He's a very good player. He does his best on the field. Our rivalry is very specific. We played on different terrains and in most cases these duels were great. "

Do you think he's as good as Nadal on clay?

"This theory makes sense. He has won many tournaments on clay and winning the Rafa on clay. I do not know how many times he won on clay against Rafa, but I know that there are not many players who can praise themselves about it. Of course it's Rafa there, but right behind him, Novak. "

Do you remember your quarter-final(Tsonga-Novak) clash two years ago?

"It was a great match, but it is a bad memory. I went into that match with special emotions. But it ended badly. It would be good to finish a good meal dessert, not a jelly orange as it is bitter. "
-------------------------------------

Please , please , please. If my English is not good enough, I translated this on my own.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tsonga also clarified the comment on how "Djokovic ruined my career" yesterday on Tennis Channel.

He said it's because Djokovic has beaten him so many times at majors.

Tennis Channel: But you've beaten him a few times outside of majors, like at Bangkok and Marseille

Tsonga: Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I've beaten him at Bangkok. But that's not the Australian Open.