• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disney+ (Disney Plus, Disney's new streaming service)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the no-ads price will be. As it is, I have hulu without ads for $11.99. I really have little need for ESPN+ or Disney+ till more programming is added. I can wait a year or two. But if the intro bundle with no-ads is around $18.99, I would probably add the bundle immediately. Higher than that will lead me to pass for now.
Or if they have an introductory price that will be honored int the future as the price goes up, I would be willing to take part in that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m wondering if this means the dc steaming service is toast.

I wouldn’t mind.

The app itself is clunky at best.

And they’ve botched so much of young justice....

I love all the content, especially the old school stuff and the movies. But if they roll it into this new package it’ll be fine.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Launch promo:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verizon subscribers get 1 year free out the gate.

:yes:

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Balkanization of TV streaming, I see. Remember when we were going to save a bundle by cutting the cord and just streaming? Well, now you need so many streaming packages that you're not saving any money.

The GF wanted the Hallmark Channel and we wanted hockey. It was cheaper to go with cable, literally.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More Balkanization of TV streaming, I see. Remember when we were going to save a bundle by cutting the cord and just streaming? Well, now you need so many streaming packages that you're not saving any money.

The GF wanted the Hallmark Channel and we wanted hockey. It was cheaper to go with cable, literally.

YouTube tv?

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The best compromise would've been pr0n.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘The Mandalorian’ Ending Reveals A Core Problem With Disney Plus

The point I was making from before, right now with Mandalorian done, the pickings of new adult content is slimmer than slim pickings. Not to mention any new shows, I always laugh at the notion that people would drop Netflix for Disney Plus, but why? If you are over the age of 21, you are going to want to watch some adult content shows, which Disney Plus does not have and not really close to having. So you have Star Wars fans, who are left to watch the classics over and over, to Marvel fans, who have no content to watch, just classics to watch over and over. Left is kids content, loads of stuff that was already made, that they haven't watch yet. I only find myself turning on Disney Plus to watch a movie with my daughter.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘The Mandalorian’ Ending Reveals A Core Problem With Disney Plus

The point I was making from before, right now with Mandalorian done, the pickings of new adult content is slimmer than slim pickings. Not to mention any new shows, I always laugh at the notion that people would drop Netflix for Disney Plus, but why? If you are over the age of 21, you are going to want to watch some adult content shows, which Disney Plus does not have and not really close to having. So you have Star Wars fans, who are left to watch the classics over and over, to Marvel fans, who have no content to watch, just classics to watch over and over. Left is kids content, loads of stuff that was already made, that they haven't watch yet. I only find myself turning on Disney Plus to watch a movie with my daughter.

they’re banking on you not canceling it for your kids. They hope the vault of adult stuff is enough for you as well, but this is a kids play first and foremost.

but let’s see if the Netflix marvel shows end up on Disney+ Too.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought "cutting the cable" was supposed to save us money? What bullshit. The Balkanization of programming means that each streaming bill you pay only gives you a very limited range of choices.

We have Mediacom cable. It sucks, but the GF wants to watch Fox News, Hallmark Channel and one of those stupid real estate shows. None of the popular streaming services offer those.

Disney? Fooey. I'm not paying to watch cartoons.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought "cutting the cable" was supposed to save us money? What bullshit. The Balkanization of programming means that each streaming bill you pay only gives you a very limited range of choices.

We have Mediacom cable. It sucks, but the GF wants to watch Fox News, Hallmark Channel and one of those stupid real estate shows. None of the popular streaming services offer those.

Disney? Fooey. I'm not paying to watch cartoons.
It’s a bubble that will burst eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later. 50 options of streaming subscriptions won’t work. Especially when it gets to a singular channel like CBS or AMC

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disney's Bob Iger Considering 'Mandalorian' Spinoff Shows

During an earnings call, the exec said The Mandalorian will return in October and will run beyond season two, "including the possibility of infusing it with more characters and taking those characters in their own direction in terms of series."

The CEO also revealed premiere windows for two of the streaming platform's anticipated Marvel Studios shows. August will see the debut of The Falcon & the Winter Soldier, Marvel's first Disney+ series, which will be followed in December by WandaVision, which stars Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany as Scarlet Witch and Vision, respectively.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought "cutting the cable" was supposed to save us money? What bullshit.

XK3IhpI.jpg

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should've had at least one of the Marvel series ready to go at launch.