• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Completely Non-FF Thoughts

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim’s an asshole. No doubt about it.

I’m a bigger fan of Jim Schwartz. And he’s he a total prick. But he’s not Jimbo Khaki pants.

The last few years I’ve had to just keep my mouth shut around most of my family.

The Natty was an awesome feeling. But it didn’t cancel out anything. He is who he is.

Jimbo Khaki Pants is about the only U of M player I ever liked. For some reason I despise him as a coach though

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo Khaki Pants is about the only U of M player I ever liked. For some reason I despise him as a coach though
I still have Colts swag from my youth. (Not Bears. There’s a line.)

I’ve wanted him to get hit by a bus since “the handshake” though.

I’d rather make pancakes for Chris Webber than offer Jim a seat at my table.

The Natty was special though. He can still kick rocks.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have Colts swag from my youth. (Not Bears. There’s a line.)

I’ve wanted him to get hit by a bus since “the handshake” though.

I’d rather make pancakes for Chris Webber than offer Jim a seat at my table.

The Natty was special though. He can still kick rocks.

I would go to 1 game a year and it always ended up with something like this happening. The Handshake game, the 10 second run off against the Falcons, the Thursday night Hail Mary game against the Packers, and some others I can't think of right now.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know: Britain dumps so much sewage into the ocean that someone has started tracking it, and they even have an amazing name for their website

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20240514_061137_Chrome.jpg

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will only say this..commit 20 minutes, watch the video of the speech and draw your own conclusions as to whether to hate on him or not. To each their own after that.

Agree, it's being blown WAY out of proportion by Twitter/media outlets. I'm not rushing out to order a Butker jersey but I'm also not sharpening my pitchfork.

I've been to Benedictine campus, had a friend go there for a year and his mom graduated from there, not a shocker that they lean towards rural, traditional values imo

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plumber quoted $450 to change pressure relief valve on my hot water heater (included a $100 valve). Bought a $20 valve and replaced it myself, dude was trying to milk me after he installed my new sink, lol

robert de niro GIF

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plumber quoted $450 to change pressure relief valve on my hot water heater (included a $100 valve). Bought a $20 valve and replaced it myself, dude was trying to milk me after he installed my new sink, lol

robert de niro GIF
Cripes he did the sink then he could have thrown that in for free....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cripes he did the sink then he could have thrown that in for free....

He gave me a nice discount on the sink cause he was supposed to do it on a Friday and got tied up on another job and we were without a kitchen sink for the weekend, unexpectedly. Guess he was trying to make it up on the prv.

I possibly would've tried to do the sink myself too but we switched from a 2 drain setup w/disposal to single drain w/disposal and I didn't want to F that up.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will only say this..commit 20 minutes, watch the video of the speech and draw your own conclusions as to whether to hate on him or not. To each their own after that.
Agree, it's being blown WAY out of proportion by Twitter/media outlets. I'm not rushing out to order a Butker jersey but I'm also not sharpening my pitchfork.

I've been to Benedictine campus, had a friend go there for a year and his mom graduated from there, not a shocker that they lean towards rural, traditional values imo
I'm kind of glad someone approached this topic since it's been eating away at me to say something about it. First and foremost, who is it that 'monitors' a Catholic guy giving a speech to a bunch of Catholic students at a Catholic school ? Do people have nothing better to do with their lives than to search that deeply to find something (anything) to get riled up about ? I guess the answer is no. As for the content, that's up to individual beliefs, yet it is what he believes and the way he was brought up. Who has the right to 'hate' that ? IMO - no one. Yet here we are. It's a very sad testimony to our society today. In the words of Gutfield - PERIOD.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm kind of glad someone approached this topic since it's been eating away at me to say something about it. First and foremost, who is it that 'monitors' a Catholic guy giving a speech to a bunch of Catholic students at a Catholic school ? Do people have nothing better to do with their lives than to search that deeply to find something (anything) to get riled up about ? I guess the answer is no. As for the content, that's up to individual beliefs, yet it is what he believes and the way he was brought up. Who has the right to 'hate' that ? IMO - no one. Yet here we are. It's a very sad testimony to our society today. In the words of Gutfield - PERIOD.

Yup, I only know one person across my social platforms that got bent out of shape over his commencement speech. And that person gets upset about every single thing, so it wasn't a surprise. Even have a separate text chain with a few mutual friends where we laugh at that person's fake outrage over trivial things that never have an impact on their life.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lobbying groups like AIPAC.

Antisemitic question.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im actually more on the fence about it... Yes, freedom of speech is very important... But in our age of media and everyone carrying phones and filming... the idea of freedom of speech almost needs an amendment to itself... what i mean, is now anything and everything said is going to be seen by everyone...

so, i dont think intended audience matters anymore...

point is that people should be very careful with what they say and where they say it... no place is safe... if you are going to say something controversial be prepared to defend it... and be prepared for the potential consequences...

now, i do think any penalty to the kicker would probably be overboard... but i hope Butker is prepared to hear boos throughout the 2024 football season...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now, i do think any penalty to the kicker would probably be overboard... but i hope Butker is prepared to hear boos throughout the 2024 football season...

The people who spend money on nfl things have spoken and punished Butker in the following fashion:

image000000.jpg

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im actually more on the fence about it... Yes, freedom of speech is very important... But in our age of media and everyone carrying phones and filming... the idea of freedom of speech almost needs an amendment to itself... what i mean, is now anything and everything said is going to be seen by everyone...

so, i dont think intended audience matters anymore...

point is that people should be very careful with what they say and where they say it... no place is safe... if you are going to say something controversial be prepared to defend it... and be prepared for the potential consequences...

What a world we live in - yes, if you are in the public eye, there will be those out looking for something to hate about you - many are the same folks who want to preach inclusiveness, freedom to say whatever they wish, and equality - apparently that only counts if your inclusiveness, speech freedom and equality are the same as theirs. ... it's just sad.