• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Captain Kmart (AB)

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson Agholor and a pick for Antonio Brown?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better, now that you're going to take a picture of me!

That's...that's what that pic means, right? Right?

Maybe.......
Could you get a little bit closer????

No_Wheat_with_Anissed_Mix.jpg

:dhd::dhd::dhd:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy...I'm not a homer, at least not a blind one, so I absolutely see what you're saying. But you appear to be laying everything at Brown's feet and assuming he's 100% the cause here and will carry that with him. With that line of thinking I would agree with you.

Brown needs to own his actions/response to what he felt like was poor treatment from his QB/FO etc. But understand, he didn't just fly off the handle all on his own.

104/1297/15 says he can still play and some team will think their grass is greener.

On the teams I listed...fair, they may or may not be the one...but I don't much care really where he goes..

I think the mix of Ben, Tomlin, and other front office stuff probably plays a roll in all of this...But I also think that sort of stuff goes on behind the scenes of tons of teams - Even good ones. There have been plenty of whispers about the Pats over the years, for example.

But, it's like Psych said.... The guy is acting like he has CTE. And you know he wants money. Given the recent reports that a trade might be in place by Friday, maybe his money demands are not as much as I thought. Or maybe the draft pick compensation isn't as much as I thought. I just find it hard to believe a good team is going to give up both money and draft capital for a guy behaving like he is. Lets watch.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the mix of Ben, Tomlin, and other front office stuff probably plays a roll in all of this...But I also think that sort of stuff goes on behind the scenes of tons of teams - Even good ones. There have been plenty of whispers about the Pats over the years, for example.

But, it's like Psych said.... The guy is acting like he has CTE. And you know he wants money. Given the recent reports that a trade might be in place by Friday, maybe his money demands are not as much as I thought. Or maybe the draft pick compensation isn't as much as I thought. I just find it hard to believe a good team is going to give up both money and draft capital for a guy behaving like he is. Lets watch.

Unless he truly does have some CTE issues, I'm chalking up most of his recent antics to a ploy. He's been a diva for most of his time in PIT but he just recently became the nutcase we're seeing now.
I've been all over the board with his compensation and none of is accurate probably so at this point I'm also willing to let this play out. Hopefully we know something this week.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find that there are some interesting parallels between Antonio Brown and Chad Johnson. Chad wasn't as good as AB and he was much more a clown than a diva, but bare with me.

In 2008, a 30 year old Chad Johnson accused the team of 'not having his back' and not sticking up for him enough. He basically said he wanted a change of scenery. This was also on the heels of TJ Houshmanzadah becoming more of a target for Carson Palmer. He had a pretty crappy season and then continued to talk about wanting to leave in the offseason. His agent was Drew Rosenhaus.

The Bengals never blinked.... They didn't re-do his deal. Chad couldn't play the bad guy so he tried to win the fans back in 2009. That was really his last good year, but it was nothing like he was from 2005-2007 when he led the conference in receiving.

To me there are a lot of parallels about wanting yet another contract before the aging process really takes over, objections to the new favorite weapon, and worries about declining production in the future.

I think one of the things that would worry me about taking on AB would be his age. I realize he is only 30, but that legendary quickness could fall off fairly rapidly. Yes he's a hard worker, but age is a bitch.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find that there are some interesting parallels between Antonio Brown and Chad Johnson. Chad wasn't as good as AB and he was much more a clown than a diva, but bare with me.

In 2008, a 30 year old Chad Johnson accused the team of 'not having his back' and not sticking up for him enough. He basically said he wanted a change of scenery. This was also on the heels of TJ Houshmanzadah becoming more of a target for Carson Palmer. He had a pretty crappy season and then continued to talk about wanting to leave in the offseason. His agent was Drew Rosenhaus.

The Bengals never blinked.... They didn't re-do his deal. Chad couldn't play the bad guy so he tried to win the fans back in 2009. That was really his last good year, but it was nothing like he was from 2005-2007 when he led the conference in receiving.

To me there are a lot of parallels about wanting yet another contract before the aging process really takes over, objections to the new favorite weapon, and worries about declining production in the future.

I think one of the things that would worry me about taking on AB would be his age. I realize he is only 30, but that legendary quickness could fall off fairly rapidly. Yes he's a hard worker, but age is a bitch.
Wow that sounds very familiar. Wonder if this is a Drew Rosenhaus trademark. Any other clients of his pull the same stunt?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be idiotic to make this announcement before next Wednesday. He can only be dealt on that date, not before... so making the announcement before then could only give AB time to sabotage the deal if it doesn’t suit his ego.

Unless the trade partner is ideal, there is no reason to risk letting AB derail the deal.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be idiotic to make this announcement before next Wednesday. He can only be dealt on that date, not before... so making the announcement before then could only give AB time to sabotage the deal if it doesn’t suit his ego.

Unless the trade partner is ideal, there is no reason to risk letting AB derail the deal.
They been
Making this announcement may just wanna get it over with but everyone is backing out

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to Buffalo

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are trying to avoid having to pay him the bonus, which he's entitled to on the 15th I think......

It saves us money under the cap. And because fuck him, the sooner the better. :lol:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D1HMsdSVAAE7nnk.jpeg

D1HNXPCU0AIvPE1.jpeg

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look like it's gonna happen. But this was too funny not to post.
46eEVGp.jpg

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3