• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears fire Getsy

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not good...An announcement like this probably means Eberflus is staying or they would have just fired them all at once.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to Jurassic Park.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just reported Eberfluss is staying.....

And now I think JF is staying.....take the good with the bad.....
The goid is trading down and get another haul.....
Eberflus and Fields must be a package deal for this to work out for Chicago. If next season is a bust then Poles or who's ever in charge can clean house with no issues.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eberflus and Fields must be a package deal for this to work out for Chicago. If next season is a bust then Poles or who's ever in charge can clean house with no issues.

Yeah, this course of action makes me think we're going to trade the 1 pick and roll with Fields. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think if JF and Eberfluss end up being a bust Poles is finito myself.......

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if JF and Eberfluss end up being a bust Poles is finito myself.......

I mean...Yeah...They need to win next year now or Poles is probably on the block. Same sh*t different day. I had a small hope with Harbaugh becoming available and the sh*t poor Packers game that they might just full reset...but it was kind of obvious in the past few weeks they were gonna run it back.

I mean...I guess they could still pick a QB at 1...but I'm skeptical it happens now. We're trading down.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears need both an OC and a DC.

The glass-half-full side of me is hoping they make a solid hire for both which may minimize Eberflus' involvement in either phase.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After thinking about this......

I think Bears still take qb at no.1,love him or hate him,Caleb Williams is gonna be it......

Caleb Williams is better than JF.....Do you guys think in his first 38 starts,CW will go 10-28......??
Caleb Williams didnt have much for wrs this past season,Jordan Addison who lookks to be a stud for Minnesota was his go to guy ladt year,tjis season name a top USC wr going into the draft.....??
Name an olineman....??

You cant.....maybe you can,cause I dont watch cfb,but Ive never hear about them....

now take JF and put him in that role with no DJ,Kmet and his top wr is Mooney.....

Thats kinda absurd to think not to move on at qb.......not too mention next seasons qb will not be as strong as this one if JF doesnt pan out.....
Nor may we even be in tjis position to be able to draft the top qb......

I say we do it now......

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How stupid. Next year we’re going to see the same old shit with Eberflus as head coach. We should’ve gone after Harbaugh if we were keeping fields. We should’ve at least gotten an offensive head coach either way.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After thinking about this......

I think Bears still take qb at no.1,love him or hate him,Caleb Williams is gonna be it......

Caleb Williams is better than JF.....Do you guys think in his first 38 starts,CW will go 10-28......??
Caleb Williams didnt have much for wrs this past season,Jordan Addison who lookks to be a stud for Minnesota was his go to guy ladt year,tjis season name a top USC wr going into the draft.....??
Name an olineman....??

You cant.....maybe you can,cause I dont watch cfb,but Ive never hear about them...

now take JF and put him in that role with no DJ,Kmet and his top wr is Mooney.....

Thats kinda absurd to think not to move on at qb.......not too mention next seasons qb will not be as strong as this one if JF doesnt pan out.....
Nor may we even be in tjis position to be able to draft the top qb......

I say we do it now......
Allow me to play devil's advocate........so explain how his substitute, Miller Moss, in his debut as Williams replacement, threw for 372 yards & 6 TDs in the Holiday Bowl. Did those mystery receivers and mystery lineman mysteriously come out of the woodwork? Or is it possible that Williams, as talented as he may be, has been the beneficiary of the offensive system deployed by the USC coaching staff? Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a potential list of OC's:

The three names that intrigue me the most are Reich, Roman, and Kubiak in no particular order They are also 3 candidates who likely will not be interviewed for a head coaching job either.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How stupid. Next year we’re going to see the same old shit with Eberflus as head coach. We should’ve gone after Harbaugh if we were keeping fields. We should’ve at least gotten an offensive head coach either way.

That's the interesting thing about not going Harbaugh. Getting Harbaugh would have been nice from the "What do we do at QB" standpoint.

If Jim Harbaugh, as our coach, said "Oh we can win with Justin Fields." I would believe it. And obviously the reverse "Nah...Kid's a bum...Draft one." I'm in on both counts on his word.

I don't trust Poles or Eberflus on this decision. So it's sad we went this route from that perspective.

Honestly, Harbaugh was never on my radar until last week so I just accepted we'd be running it all back...but it does hurt to know that it may be a possibility and we're going to pass. :(

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allow me to play devil's advocate........so explain how his substitute, Miller Moss, in his debut as Williams replacement, threw for 372 yards & 6 TDs in the Holiday Bowl. Did those mystery receivers and mystery lineman mysteriously come out of the woodwork? Or is it possible that Williams, as talented as he may be, has been the beneficiary of the offensive system deployed by the USC coaching staff? Inquiring minds want to know.

Dont let that be the telling tale.......its kinda like there may have been no scouting for Moss,figuring they were up against Williams.....
Its no different than Mullen,Browning,Flacco and a couple others coming in and doing a good job for their teams....
Would you start those guys over the starters.....hell no.

I think its the same case here.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After watching extensive youtube videos of Williams/Maye/Penix/Daniels. Williams is the goods imo. Daniels looks like the bust. All that guy's greatest plays are vs. scrubs or if he starts running.

inb4 Daniels is the best of them all....

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's the interesting thing about not going Harbaugh. Getting Harbaugh would have been nice from the "What do we do at QB" standpoint.

If Jim Harbaugh, as our coach, said "Oh we can win with Justin Fields." I would believe it. And obviously the reverse "Nah...Kid's a bum...Draft one." I'm in on both counts on his word.

I don't trust Poles or Eberflus on this decision. So it's sad we went this route from that perspective.

Honestly, Harbaugh was never on my radar until last week so I just accepted we'd be running it all back...but it does hurt to know that it may be a possibility and we're going to pass. :(

I read a story a story somewheres a couple of weeks ago( Ill try to find it),that Warren and Harbaugh do not get along at all whenWarren was the Big 10 commisioner/over see'r or whatever his title was.....
That could be a big reason.....I dunno.