• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things offseason

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Kelly is bright guy and can improve the offense. The concern I have is with the defense.

yes, we have concerns all over and defense could certainly use help. As we go thru the 2017 draft, we'll need to improve the depth too.

On offense we all know it starts at QB, but we also know our O-line is BAD. Hoping one higher pick is on a linemen, whether Round 1, 2, or 3. Pretty sure Baalke will sign a FA linemen too, one with more experience than the CFL guy.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, we have concerns all over and defense could certainly use help. As we go thru the 2017 draft, we'll need to improve the depth too.

On offense we all know it starts at QB, but we also know our O-line is BAD. Hoping one higher pick is on a linemen, whether Round 1, 2, or 3. Pretty sure Baalke will sign a FA linemen too, one with more experience than the CFL guy.

I agree in an ideal world Tunsil or Stanley will be available at 7 and then they could sign a FA interior O-Lineman and probably draft one in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th round.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming Boone is going to leave.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, i agree. We don't have to force a QB, but if value arises somewhere.....

I guess we'll find out the first part come Apr. 1, or whenever Kaepernick's contract rolls over for 2016. We'll find out the second come draft day(s) In the meantime, I expect more internet-fueled whispers/rumours like Kaepernick wants out/Jets are interested.

Most people seem to be hyped up with Goff. Now you hear Wentz's name possibly being the first pivot taken. Sitting at 7 to take one of these guys is preferable. Taking one of the lesser guys like Jake Coker in the third or whatever does......nothing for me.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper just got cut. Wouldnt be shocked if 49ers pick him up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess we'll find out the first part come Apr. 1, or whenever Kaepernick's contract rolls over for 2016. We'll find out the second come draft day(s) In the meantime, I expect more internet-fueled whispers/rumours like Kaepernick wants out/Jets are interested.

Most people seem to be hyped up with Goff. Now you hear Wentz's name possibly being the first pivot taken. Sitting at 7 to take one of these guys is preferable. Taking one of the lesser guys like Jake Coker in the third or whatever does......nothing for me.

but if these guys are that good, they won't fall to #7.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess it depends on the needs of teams in the 1-6 slots & who the BPA is in their eyes...QB's have the potential to slip further down in this draft seeing that there is no one dominant player at this position. It seems like a sit a year boom or bust type of QB draft this year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess it depends on the needs of teams in the 1-6 slots & who the BPA is in their eyes...QB's have the potential to slip further down in this draft seeing that there is no one dominant player at this position. It seems like a sit a year boom or bust type of QB draft this year.

Yea, that seems to be the story from most of the so-called experts. This QB draft is full of question marks and there isn't a standout from the group. Reading stuff about Goff this week and there are even question marks about him although most see him as the best of the bunch

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As CMRIBG says...it really depends on the wants and needs of others above SF. For instance, Tenn isn't taking a QB. Some teams may not be as high on these kids, even though they need a QB. Some teams may say something, and it could be a smokescreen. And who knows what people will say tomorrow about these guys, as it was just yesterday that nobody was talking about the Wentz kid....now they're saying Cleveland loves him.

Who knows?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, the last three mocks I've read have the 49ers taking three different people. These mocks seem to be more about who the authors think the 49ers should take rather than who the 49ers might actually take. One mock has the 49ers taking a linebacker, the other has us taking a WR, and the last one I just read from Yahoo has the 49ers taking Goff.

Last year many were spot on with Armstead, probably because the FO wasn't very good at keeping its interested in Armstead hidden.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its simple. They either take Goff if he falls, Stanley if he falls, if neither they draft Treadwell or one of the Top CB. If they fall in love with that LB then maybe him. I don't think it will be someone out of no where.

Their top 2 options I think is Goff or Stanley. These are players that has a chance to be there.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its simple. They either take Goff if he falls, Stanley if he falls, if neither they draft Treadwell or one of the Top CB. If they fall in love with that LB then maybe him. I don't think it will be someone out of no where.

Their top 2 options I think is Goff or Stanley. These are players that has a chance to be there.

It might be that simple...but I'm sure that behind the scenes they have draft maps for every possible situation possible with everyone's picks laying out how we draft...all yielding different results. IMHO there are a few home runs in the first round, and a lot more meat lower down to sift through.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be that simple...but I'm sure that behind the scenes they have draft maps for every possible situation possible with everyone's picks laying out how we draft...all yielding different results. IMHO there are a few home runs in the first round, and a lot more meat lower down to sift through.
I still wish they drafted Peters last year. he would of been a true #1 CB. Something we are still missing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaaaahhhh...that would have been nice...
Dont get me wrong Armstead might be fine with us but Peters was a need and was still a good pick if we went that way. its not like he was a reach pick(J. Ward pick). I still wont understand that one. Look who went right after him. Super bowl champ Bradley Roby.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong Armstead might be fine with us but Peters was a need and was still a good pick if we went that way. its not like he was a reach pick(J. Ward pick). I still wont understand that one. Look who went right after him. Super bowl champ Bradley Roby.

I hope Armstead turns into a real impact player, otherwise we really blew it with that pick