• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A.L. Central Smack 2015

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soria closes the door!!! Tigers go for the sweep tomorrow.
12 -6 on the road. like a well oiled machine..... except for ausmus and maybe joba........

funny....Miggy talking to the crowd the whole game. Cardinal fans love him. he made a great play and a great throw to cut down a runner....not to mention he passed the big cat A gallaraga today on the home run list.

Reactions: BUD

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy is one cool cat. Not an easy task, but I hope the Tigers sweep em tomorrow

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 0f his 3 HRs this series have been dead center field.

Got to find a way to keep R Davis in the line up. he makes things happen

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 0f his 3 HRs this series have been dead center field.

Got to find a way to keep R Davis in the line up. he makes things happen

Ausmus should keep Davis in the line up. Hopefully he has his thinking cap on

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miggy is one cool cat. Not an easy task, but I hope the Tigers sweep em tomorrow
D'you see his post game interview?

"Are you just seeing the ball really well right now?"

"My last four ab's I didn't!" Laugh-laugh-chuckle-chuckle

I wonder how high on the all-time list he'll be able to climb....

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kipnis on FIRE in the month of May. Since being moved to lead off in late April, he's hit over .400 and in May he is hitting .517 (31-for-60).

Indians earn first back-to-back wins since the first series of the year vs. Houston. Can they get the sweep with Carasco on the mound tonight in Texas...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually disagree with this assertion made by BtB. How does one have a high babip? Well, one way is to have predictable pitch sequencing. Predictable pitch sequence to legit MLB hitters = crushed. It's an occasional problem you see from minor leaguers, but you also see it from the best every now and then too. It also partially explains his ERA/FIP gap adequately as he really isn't missing, at least not by a whole ton; he's just not getting away with anything. I generally try to tune into Kluber starts because I find them quite enjoyable (besides the fact that it's Cleveland) and it does appear the hitter is sitting on him instead of the other way around, so to speak. Now, I don't think this is a problem that'll prevent him from being a very effective pitcher, but I am suspicious of what appears to be statsheet scouting on the part of BtB.

Pitch sequencing was also somewhat of an issue in 2013 to a much lesser extent if I recall. Time to dig up some old articles I guess.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually disagree with this assertion made by BtB. How does one have a high babip? Well, one way is to have predictable pitch sequencing. Predictable pitch sequence to legit MLB hitters = crushed. It's an occasional problem you see from minor leaguers, but you also see it from the best every now and then too. It also partially explains his ERA/FIP gap adequately as he really isn't missing, at least not by a whole ton; he's just not getting away with anything. I generally try to tune into Kluber starts because I find them quite enjoyable (besides the fact that it's Cleveland) and it does appear the hitter is sitting on him instead of the other way around, so to speak. Now, I don't think this is a problem that'll prevent him from being a very effective pitcher, but I am suspicious of what appears to be statsheet scouting on the part of BtB.

Pitch sequencing was also somewhat of an issue in 2013 to a much lesser extent if I recall. Time to dig up some old articles I guess.

Please do so, I'm curious. I posted it mostly because of the gifs. Got a little too lazy to embed. :)

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drives me nuts when they defend him on TV and Radio. "He's out of options and someone would pick him up..."

Who cares!?! Lettem! Something happens to Romine, Kinsler and Iggy on the same day just have the 1st base coach unretire. He's as good as Perez, I'm pretty sure.

agree, lol, if a guy is out of options he wasn't even good enough for his own team to keep him.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn no sweep, but I'll take a series win :suds:

My sentiments about the Tigers-Cardinals series, as well. Two of three on the road against a top-tier team is nice. Now watch Detroit crap the bed at home against the stinko Brewers. :scratch:

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ausmus...lets lobstien give up the go ahead run. after over 100 pitches...2 men on. 7th inning.
WTF.. he pulls him after that. WTF..
why not before.?? the rookie kid was spent. over 100 pitches!!
dam that ausmus doesn't know how to handle pitches. just because he was a run of the mill catcher???

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
castellonos is the new INGE. this guy cant hit. butcher in the field.
we should have traded him during the off season.
when ever he comes up with men on base....he swings first pitch every time. inning killer just like INGE.
we couldn't trade him now for a bag of baseballs.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCann is showing he is over matched at the plate.
Holiday since being called up. (1 game) has 2 hits one was a home run.
Why doesn't Ausmus let this guy play a game or 2??? its clear McCann isn't getting the job done. How far does a guy average have to fall before they set him down? how long will Ausmus let a guy hurt the team????

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kluber's stuff is off the charts again tonight

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ausmus...lets lobstien give up the go ahead run. after over 100 pitches...2 men on. 7th inning.
dam that ausmus doesn't know how to handle pitches. just because he was a run of the mill catcher???

Ausmus=:gaah:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kluber's stuff is off the charts again tonight

Fortunately, Sale was just as good. Very entertaining game. White Sox finding ways to get it done right now.

After that sweep in Minnesota, I was about ready to give up on this team. But my oh my… what scoring runs can do!

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And yet, the bigger problem is guys like V-mart and Castellanos continue to gag at the plate with RISP. That and three more rally-killing double plays last night.