• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 8.30 Beerdudes @ Wholestaff

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know he refused the vaccine?
Conjecture, and an ability to read statistics. Despite the ubiquitous "BREAKTHOUGH COVID INFECTION OF DOUBLE VAXED PERSON" bullshit headlines, getting COVID if you're vaxed is extremely rare. 99.5% of all infections are in the unvaxed. If it turns out Wood is part of the 0.05% I'll eat my words.

But as the man says: that ain't the way to bet. Phuk him.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great pitching today from us, Uber great from Milwaukee

They may be the team to beat in the NL. Pitching pitching pitching in the playoffs
Other than Alverez having an off 2 innings ... the pitching was really great. But in the end it came down to us not hitting. Really difficult to win a game when you only score one run.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Alverez having an off 2 innings ... the pitching was really great. But in the end it came down to us not hitting. Really difficult to win a game when you only score one run.
Unfortunately I think this game is how it will go in the playoffs often if we get in. But no way to know really, short sample sizes can get pretty random. No one would predict Panda hitting 3 HRs, 2 off Verlander, in game 1 in 2012

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I think this game is how it will go in the playoffs often if we get in. But no way to know really, short sample sizes can get pretty random. No one would predict Panda hitting 3 HRs, 2 off Verlander, in game 1 in 2012
Of course anything can happen in baseball in a small sample size. Doesn’t mean I would put money on Baltimore winning the tournament if they were put into it.

Sandoval going off on Verlander was “fluke-ish”, sure. But that team was the most balanced of the 3 Championship teams, and the fact that the Tigers had been sitting for a week while the Giants were playing intense games makes the fact they won that game less “fluke-ish”.

’10 had an all-time pitching staff. 4 SPs who were pitching like legit #1s at the time; a super-elite bully; and a very underrated offense (everyone looked at the season numbers, but failed to look at the 2nd half numbers, which were actually pretty close to league average).

’12 was well balanced. 2 legit #1 pitchers and an elite bully with a near league average offense.

’14 was the most “flukey” of the three. That was essentially a 1-man team.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course anything can happen in baseball in a small sample size. Doesn’t mean I would put money on Baltimore winning the tournament if they were put into it.

Sandoval going off on Verlander was “fluke-ish”, sure. But that team was the most balanced of the 3 Championship teams, and the fact that the Tigers had been sitting for a week while the Giants were playing intense games makes the fact they won that game less “fluke-ish”.

’10 had an all-time pitching staff. 4 SPs who were pitching like legit #1s at the time; a super-elite bully; and a very underrated offense (everyone looked at the season numbers, but failed to look at the 2nd half numbers, which were actually pretty close to league average).

’12 was well balanced. 2 legit #1 pitchers and an elite bully with a near league average offense.

’14 was the most “flukey” of the three. That was essentially a 1-man team.
Rooting for flukey again this year. Well aware it's not the way to bet. To be fair, we're a lot better than Baltimore. We're a good team, we don't need that level of luck. But we need plenty.

Last edited: