• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: 1) Thunder vs 5) Mavericks

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where would we put Luka if he gets beat by another 25 year old who's second best player on the Thunder is a rookie?
The Thunder are a pretty complete basketball team, and Jdub is the 2nd best player. He may end up being their best player. Yea the Thunder are young, but they are also the youngest team to get the 1 seed. They have a lot going for them. This is going to be a war.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me in my opinion I don't think its ok. I would semi agree if he lost to the Nuggets whom are a veteran team and are the defending champs but not to a crazy young team whom 90% of the players came after Luka and are already surpassing him. A lot of people talk about how MJ didn't win his first ring until his 7th year as if I can't name a hundred great players like Charles Barkley, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Tracy McGrady soon to be Damien Lillard etc that never could have made that leap into pure greatness.
All you are trying to do is prop up OKC but the pressure if on OKC even if they are the young team, still the favorite in this series. You are trying to diminish Luka’s accomplishes but all it says is you don’t watch much basketball. He is a superstar and one of the best in the world. He is without a doubt better than Ant. He’s had a lackluster roster for most of his career. I blame the FO but now he has Kyrie and some decent pieces, not great. Compared to some other teams I think the pieces could be better and a better fit.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just admit it. You don't follow the game, you're a casual fan.

The Thunder are an exciting and talented young team who are going to be around for a while.

Every young team has to start somewhere. They beat a Pels team who had a lot more playoff experience with CJ and Ingram. Oh, and Valaciraptor.

"I don't follow the game I am a casual fan"

I don't know why you reading that changes how you feel about anything but if we can get back to basketball that would be great.

anyway I never said the Thunder aren't a talented team or they will fall after this season I don't know where that came from. Also yes Zion is another one in my opinion who is underachieving. All he ever does is get hurt, hasn't played a full season, look overweight and get trapped by **** stars.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,681.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't follow the game I am a casual fan"

I don't know why you reading that changes how you feel about anything but if we can get back to basketball that would be great.

Only a casual fan would think Chet is their 2nd best player. That's why.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you are trying to do is prop up OKC but the pressure if on OKC even if they are the young team, still the favorite in this series. You are trying to diminish Luka’s accomplishes but all it says is you don’t watch much basketball. He is a superstar and one of the best in the world. He is without a doubt better than Ant. He’s had a lackluster roster for most of his career. I blame the FO but now he has Kyrie and some decent pieces, not great. Compared to some other teams I think the pieces could be better and a better fit.

If anything I feel OKC is playing with house money. If they win it would be an incredible next step for them. If they lose the story will be that they are a young team and will be great for years to come, it was their first playoff run etc. I don't think anyone would fault OKC if they lost. I am not saying Luka is a bum but if he loses this series he will be a great regular season player. He now has another hof player whom has won a championship so there shouldn't be all these excuses.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything I feel OKC is playing with house money. If they win it would be an incredible next step for them. If they lose the story will be that they are a young team and will be great for years to come, it was their first playoff run etc. I don't think anyone would fault OKC if they lost. I am not saying Luka is a bum but if he loses this series he will be a great regular season player. He now has another hof player whom has won a championship so there shouldn't be all these excuses.
You are exaggerating a situation. Shai may very well finish ahead of Luka in the MVP voting. Luka should not automatically be expected to beat a team he is not favored against.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka is 25. There’s nothing that’s going to happen over the next few weeks that’s going to dictate his legacy.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are exaggerating a situation. Shai may very well finish ahead of Luka in the MVP voting. Luka should not automatically be expected to beat a team he is not favored against.

Shai should be ahead of Luka in the MVP voting

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka is 25. There’s nothing that’s going to happen over the next few weeks that’s going to dictate his legacy.

I'm saying right now there are younger guys looking like they are about to have a better resume than him in the post season. If the Wolves beat the defending champs Nuggets and go to the WCF that alone is a greater accomplishment or at a minimum the same than anything Luka has done in the playoffs

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying right now there are younger guys looking like they are about to have a better resume than him in the post season. If the Wolves beat the defending champs Nuggets and go to the WCF that alone is a greater accomplishment or at a minimum the same than anything Luka has done in the playoffs
Luka has been incredible in the post season. Hes put up some of the best individual playoff performances over the last few years.

No offense but this is gay soap opera womanish shit people try and do with sports. Teams go take a court and compete against other teams. Luka’s team isn’t even playing Minnesota?!?!?! Why are we doing this head to head comparison when it doesn’t even involve them competing against each other in the sport itself? This shit is gay.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder are a pretty complete basketball team, and Jdub is the 2nd best player. He may end up being their best player. Yea the Thunder are young, but they are also the youngest team to get the 1 seed. They have a lot going for them. This is going to be a war.
This has the makings of a terrific series, man. The matchups are interesting and the lead dudes are all pretty special. Gonna be fun.

Good luck. (not too much though…)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where would we put Luka if he gets beat by another 25 year old who's second best player on the Thunder is a rookie?

It's not Luka vs. the Thunder.

He's already on the way to being all time great. Very few players win it all early in their career.

By the way do you have something against Luka?

Here's another example of an all time great who didn't get a title until later in his career. It took KD ten seasons to finally win one.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me in my opinion I don't think its ok. I would semi agree if he lost to the Nuggets whom are a veteran team and are the defending champs but not to a crazy young team whom 90% of the players came after Luka and are already surpassing him. A lot of people talk about how MJ didn't win his first ring until his 7th year as if I can't name a hundred great players like Charles Barkley, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Tracy McGrady soon to be Damien Lillard etc that never could have made that leap into pure greatness.

Kinda setting the bar way too high there. You're a part-time NBA fan I'm guessing. Completely unfair to compare a ringless player to the GOAT.

Maybe next you can compare Tom Brady to Phillip Rivers? I said that because TB12's an all time great and Rivers put up HOF numbers but never got that elusive ring.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s game day peoples!

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2