• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Offseason thread

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tykee Smith is not likely to go to us, I don't think he lasts until the 5th and we don't have a 4th, but he would be my absolute favorite to get in the draft. Very good slot Corner, a solid deep safety. Lions already stated they would like to play Branch at safety more, and Smith allows seamless adaptability to meet those needs and fill a critical depth in 2 spots.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tykee Smith is not likely to go to us, I don't think he lasts until the 5th and we don't have a 4th, but he would be my absolute favorite to get in the draft. Very good slot Corner, a solid deep safety. Lions already stated they would like to play Branch at safety more, and Smith allows seamless adaptability to meet those needs and fill a critical depth in 2 spots.
We definitely could use another branch type. We are really thin safety. We could get your boy if we trade out of round 1 for an early to mid round 2. Gonna be teams looking for either Penix or Nix around there to lock them up an extra year. Pats would be the most likely to do it early and maybe the Raiders or Giants a little later.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Brown just signed a 4 year extension, details are not known yet.

Edit: Rumors say 4 year 120, 77 guaranteed.

Sounds like 4yrs $112m for Penei Sewell. $85m guaranteed.

Thats a lot of cabbage in the future. I am getting more and more convinced we are trading out of the first round. We might not be able to afford to pay one, LOL.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very much against Frazier, I would not even love him with our second-round pick. I think you could take Van Pran in the third and get equal results you would get from Frazier
Frazier is by quite a wide margin the least physically talented of the big 3 Centers. But there's just something about those guys that were state champ wrestlers in HS and then play Center. They all just have that dog in them. But Center is almost as much between ears as it is between the Lines. And as fans there's no way for us to know how they are at making line calls or anything like that.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue has been a bit jumpy since coming back. Near death experiences can do that to a person. I know first hand.

You on any other Lions sites? I dont really know of any others that are all that active. I will still be here but I wouldnt mind seeing what else is out there.

Wait, Blue is back? I'm not seeing posts from him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frazier is by quite a wide margin the least physically talented of the big 3 Centers. But there's just something about those guys that were state champ wrestlers in HS and then play Center. They all just have that dog in them. But Center is almost as much between ears as it is between the Lines. And as fans there's no way for us to know how they are at making line calls or anything like that.
That is my concern, I think the love of "State Champ Wrestler" has led to people to ignoring the tape, which I don't think is comparable to the other top centers.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is my concern, I think the love of "State Champ Wrestler" has led to people to ignoring the tape, which I don't think is comparable to the other top centers.
Love the run blocking. Pass blocking needs work. Not a Rd 1 guy but Rd 2 is acceptable. He has some things you cant teach. It will come down to his line calls. If he is good then Rd 2 if he is not then Rd 3. I dont really know if he is or not. Could not tell from the video.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the run blocking. Pass blocking needs work. Not a Rd 1 guy but Rd 2 is acceptable. He has some things you cant teach. It will come down to his line calls. If he is good then Rd 2 if he is not then Rd 3. I dont really know if he is or not. Could not tell from the video.
It is safe to say that for any player taken that I have my doubts on, I will give Holmes the benefit of the doubt. He has earned that for sure. Nice to have a GM that you still trust when he goes way outside your expectations.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am betting Graham Barton goes top 20, and Powers-Johnson Goes before 29. So my hopes of an oline in the first seem unlikely. I am honestly hoping I watch the draft all day and never see the Lions pick. Trade back would be awesome.

Players I really like:
1st: Latu, Barton, Powers-Johnson, Kool-aid
2nd: Ladd McConkey, Christian Haynes, Beebe, Caelon Carson
3rd: Jonah Ellis(based on someone else's opinion I respect), Blake Fisher, Kneeland, Mason McCormick, Michael Hall
4th: Tykee Smith(would even be cool in the third), Glaze, Max Melton
5th: Decamarion Richardson(purely as a tools based project), Christian Mahogany,
6th: Brandon Coleman, Satao Laumea,
7th: Joe Milton...as a TE, we get our Taysome Hill!

Obviously, all those round slots are completely subjective, who knows if I am in the ballpark. I don't really think Latu is a realistic fall to us option, but a guy can dream!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No corners taken yet, I am good at this point if the Lions trade up for Mitchell

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrion Arnold! fricken love it.

Our third round pick is pretty steep though.