• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Official Seahawk Draft thread

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't either with the new regime.. but if it was Carroll I get Collier flashbacks..

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a few Mock drafts with the Hawks taking a safety Shark. There is no doubt Safety is weak on this team. yes DB position is strong safety is not but the Thing is, i don't like the Safety class all that much this year. I'm going Oline/Dline no matter where the Hawks pick in the first.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a few Mock drafts with the Hawks taking a safety Shark. There is no doubt Safety is weak on this team. yes DB position is strong safety is not but the Thing is, i don't like the Safety class all that much this year. I'm going Oline/Dline no matter where the Hawks pick in the first.

I'm with you. I really would love us to trade down to the late 20s and get an additional 2nd day pick. Use both of those picks on linemen.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16 is not a terrible spot to take Bowers. But I think the Hawks would much rather let someone trade into their spot and take Bowers.
i dont disagree based on what everyone says about him, but i view TEs like i do RBs and would never take one in round 1.

on top of that, its just not a need on this team, it would be a luxury pick when we have holes to fill on OL/DL and possibly QB.

taking another CB would be absolutely puke worthy

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are getting down to hours before round 1. Who's everyone hoping for at 1.16? I guess I am drinking the Fautanu kool-aid. Not a sexy pick, but he would make an immediate impact at a perpetual weakness on the team. He could start at either guard position on day 1, and he would also represent an insurance policy against Abe Lucas not being able to bounce back and stay on the field.

The pick that would make me the most excited would be Penix. Best passer in the draft, and 2 healthy seasons at UW mitigate the injury history for me. I also don't give a rip about him being 36 years old (he's actually still 23 for another few weeks).
My top 5

1. Latu...Don't think he'll make it to us
2. Murphy II...Should be there
3. Fautanu...Need the help
4. Jackson-Powers...Need the help
5. Penix...Need a QBoF

Reactions: JMR

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 5

5. Penix...Need a QBoF

If Latu is at 16 you take him. I get people are worried about his injury, but whatever... he's been healthy since 2021 and is by far (and no it's not close) the best pass rusher in this draft. And it's not based on size/strength/speed, it's based on technique... he WILL WIN against offensive lineman in the NFL. Not sure who coached that man early in his life, but props to whoever that was and Latu's ability to apply it on the field.

I really want Latu at 16... I know we need IOL, but a rotation of Mafe/Nwosu/Latu and Hall if Mac can 'fix him' is going to be the most disgusting EDGE rotation in the NFL.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont disagree based on what everyone says about him, but i view TEs like i do RBs and would never take one in round 1.

on top of that, its just not a need on this team, it would be a luxury pick when we have holes to fill on OL/DL and possibly QB.

taking another CB would be absolutely puke worthy

I don't view TEs at the same level as RBs because a quality TE can play at a high level for 10+ years in the league. But I do think that most TEs take several years to develop into what they will be and you wind up having to make a choice on a 2nd contract right as they are developing into a good player.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Latu is at 16 you take him. I get people are worried about his injury, but whatever... he's been healthy since 2021 and is by far (and no it's not close) the best pass rusher in this draft. And it's not based on size/strength/speed, it's based on technique... he WILL WIN against offensive lineman in the NFL. Not sure who coached that man early in his life, but props to whoever that was and Latu's ability to apply it on the field.

I really want Latu at 16... I know we need IOL, but a rotation of Mafe/Nwosu/Latu and Hall if Mac can 'fix him' is going to be the most disgusting EDGE rotation in the NFL.
I agree but I think he gets taken a few spots before 16. Would love to have a beast of a D-line.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I think he gets taken a few spots before 16. Would love to have a beast of a D-line.
I think he'll be long gone, but if he falls to us at 16 and we take a fuckin' safety or some reach of an IOL prospect (like Walt had us doing) I'm going to lose it...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't view TEs at the same level as RBs because a quality TE can play at a high level for 10+ years in the league. But I do think that most TEs take several years to develop into what they will be and you wind up having to make a choice on a 2nd contract right as they are developing into a good player.
Yeah I would not be excited about a TE in the first at all. Anyone remember the Falcons drafting Kyle Pitts with the # 4 pick not long ago? Hayden Hurst, David Njoku, O.J. Howard heck we have a TE that was drafted in the first in Fant. Also the point you made about how hard it is to decide to pay up just as they are starting to show some sparks, take Fant for example, hopefully he comes through for the Seahawks. More I talk about it the more I hate the idea, geez we got positions that need addressing way more then TE. I'll be ranting if Bowers is our first pick.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would not be excited about a TE in the first at all. Anyone remember the Falcons drafting Kyle Pitts with the # 4 pick not long ago? Hayden Hurst, David Njoku, O.J. Howard heck we have a TE that was drafted in the first in Fant. Also the point you made about how hard it is to decide to pay up just as they are starting to show some sparks, take Fant for example, hopefully he comes through for the Seahawks. More I talk about the more I hate the idea, geez we got positions that need addressing way more then TE. I'll be ranting if Bowers is our first pick.

I mean it's the best TE prospect to come along in a while, but I'm inclined to agree with you Harold... I'd rather just take a player in the trenches or someone like Latu and continue the theme that make most teams win... get a QB, protect the QB, get to the other QB...

If we pass on Latu or an IOL (in a very talented draft which is our best need) for Bowers after we just resigned Fant I'd have a hard time stomaching that. I know on this forum I said if Bowers is there at 16 take him... and that said, I'd still grade it positively given Fant is a shorter term contract and the last teams winning the Super Bowl (or appearing in them) have an elite TE...

As for guys like Pitts, he had a 1K yard season... he really couldn't show up last year due to the absolute shit show at QB for the Falcons. With Cousins I would imagine Pitts will be an all pro.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 5

5. Penix...Need a QBoF
Not a bad top 5 mine would be:
1) Penix
2) Fautanu
3) Verse- most physically dominating player in the draft
4) Murphy
5) OL several players are worthy

Another few players I like for later:
Sweat-he's unique, a real nose tackle who can give some pressure on pass plays. He alone would improve the run defense by a bunch. It appears he likes to party, claimed that was behind him but then got that DUI. Maybe this will cause him to drop enough for the Seahawks to over look character issues.

Micheal Hall- He makes good things happen on defense, not lasting until the 3rd round unfortunately, likely a 2nd round pick

Jevon Bullard and/or Malik Mustapha both of these guys hit hard

Graham Barton-NOT at 16 but if they trade down

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad top 5 mine would be:
1) Penix
2) Fautanu
3) Verse- most physically dominating player in the draft
4) Murphy
5) OL several players are worthy

Another few players I like for later:
Sweat-he's unique, a real nose tackle who can give some pressure on pass plays. He alone would improve the run defense by a bunch. It appears he likes to party, claimed that was behind him but then got that DUI. Maybe this will cause him to drop enough for the Seahawks to over look character issues.

Micheal Hall- He makes good things happen on defense, not lasting until the 3rd round unfortunately, likely a 2nd round pick

Jevon Bullard and/or Malik Mustapha both of these guys hit hard

Graham Barton-NOT at 16 but if they trade down

I really want Penix at the moment.... I think he's got the potential to be the best QB in this draft and he needs to sit for a year... but oh, we have that solved with Geno... so.... great. Penix has the best arm in this draft and it's not even close (has all three checks: velocity, strength, accuracy). He needs to spend some time on the bench to work on footwork and vision.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for guys like Pitts, he had a 1K yard season... he really couldn't show up last year due to the absolute shit show at QB for the Falcons. With Cousins I would imagine Pitts will be an all pro.
Yeah he had a nice rookie season then next two seasons not so much, maybe due to the QB, maybe because Drake London showed up, or maybe because of the run heavy offense and having Robinson, it did appear injuries have taken a toll on Pitt. He was (and won't be) worth the #4 pick in the draft.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was (and won't be) worth the #4 pick in the draft.

On that comment, are you predicting he wont be worth the pick? Not trying to call you out, just kind of confused what you're saying there.