• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read it. Pens and Detroit have to lose in regulation. Flyers have to win in regulation. Then Flyers and Caps go to the fifth tiebreaker - Points differential where the flyers have a big lead - a smaller negative differential.

Easy peezy
We got this!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF
I am taking off from work to celebrate tonight and wait until tomorrow for the Pens to lose.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read it. Pens and Detroit have to lose in regulation. Flyers have to win in regulation. Then Flyers and Caps go to the fifth tiebreaker - Points differential where the flyers have a big lead - a smaller negative differential.

Easy peezy
Yeah, I don't understand the tiebreaking procedure. Here is what is listed as #5:

5. The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs.

• For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the 'odd game') shall not be included.
  • When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any 'odd games') shall be used to determine standing.
So, the Caps win that 3-2 and this last game doesn't matter.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they somehow go to the 6th tiebreaker (because we play two games in Philly and one in DC), which is then goal differential. Weird shit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they somehow go to the 6th tiebreaker (because we play two games in Philly and one in DC), which is then goal differential. Weird shit.

Ya, looks like the 12/14 game in Philly gets tossed as the "odd game". So the Flyers winning in regulation tonight would mean each team got 2 (out of 4) points in their head to head.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as much as I'd like to win tonight, it will really suck if we knock the Caps out, let the Pens in and then lose a few spots in the draft order to Detroit, Washington and Minnesota.

Everything has to fucking go exactly our way, even assuming we somehow beat the Caps in regulation, which I don't think we can do. Go ahead and prove me wrong, boys!!

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as much as I'd like to win tonight, it will really suck if we knock the Caps out, let the Pens in and then lose a few spots in the draft order to Detroit, Washington and Minnesota.

Everything has to fucking go exactly our way, even assuming we somehow beat the Caps in regulation, which I don't think we can do. Go ahead and prove me wrong, boys!!
Detroit ties it with 4 seconds left to end the Flyers season ! Fitting end.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna hate on anyone or anything about this season. So much more growth than I would have thought at the beginning of the year. I can only hope we get stronger next season and our goalie situation is straightened out. Hopefully this built a hunger in these young kids to want to win.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had access to Hart in net we wouldn't be in this position.

It will make it all the sweeter when we get in. :pray:
He could have played and they could have told Canada to go fuck themselves. They didn't protect him, they did NOTHING.

Finally get a goalie after 50 years and they just let it go to shit.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit ties it with 4 seconds left to end the Flyers season ! Fitting end.
The end to our game was pretty fucking fitting too. Give up the first goal. Do just enough to tie it up and stay competitive, but also fail to grab the lead. In desperation late, we pull the goalie and almost immediately turn the puck over to Oshie, who scores into the empty net to give them a 2-1 win. We would've been better off never pulling the goalie than that fucking fiasco.

It doesn't matter obviously with Detroit winning anyway. I would've rather seen the Wings get in than the Caps, but at least the fucking Pens don't make it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We learned this season that we can hang with them for a long while, but then when playoff teams are shifting it into another gear, that's a gear we don't yet have.

We need more clutch goal scoring and a lot of that will come with a better power play too. It's tragic how bad our power play has been lately. Often the other team has the best scoring chance while down a man. That was again the case tonight. The Caps had a breakaway that Ersson stopped. At this rate, teams can just take penalties whenever they want without fear of us cashing in on the man advantage.

12.3% power play

It's so bad that 7 teams have scored more than double the power play goals that we have this season...Lol

That said, look at all of the talent they have in Shitsburgh and their power play operates at 14.6%, which is arguably a lot more embarrassing.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Maverick. That playoff gear will have to be developed. Tiny, slow steps are the mode that this team is exhibiting. After being in a shithole for so long, all of us were eager for the steps to come faster but as reality dictated, back to slow tiny steps.

in the mean time. I agree with these team awards for the year.