• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landon Dickerson - Yahoo! Sports
Dickerson, a Top247 prospect, received an early offer from Tennessee last year and has visited the Vols a handful of times since last summer, most recently for their junior day Feb. 21. Following that visit, he said Tennessee remained in his early top three along with South Carolina and Virginia Tech, where his grandfather played. But Dickerson’s recruitment recently has started to heat up, with Florida State, Alabama, Auburn and Vanderbilt all having extended offers to him within the past three weeks.
-Callahan

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cecil Stallings - Yahoo! Sports

"Everything was great to me," Stallings said. "The locker room, the coaching staff, it seemed like they are really trying to build the program." "It seemed like a family environment. They are trying to build it based all around family," Stallings said. "The concentrate on the players having a life after football."

"We just talked about the things I need to do with the (NCAA) clearinghouse and making sure my grades are good and take my tests," Stallings explained. "They want me to keep coming around and keep getting to know them."

Auburn, South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida State and Texas A&M are five programs Stallings said are sticking out to him right now, but with over a dozen offers and more likely to come he has no certain timeframe.

"I liked it all. They build players that can go to the NFL and that's my main thing. That, and academics," Stallings said. "I want a place that can prepare me for the NFL, but also has good academics. I also want to be comfortable with where I'm at. I really like the environment at Tennessee," he said.
-VQ

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Brown - Yahoo! Sports

Brown, a top-200 prospect in the 247Sports Composite, has been committed to Florida State since September, but he’s not closing the door on other teams. He visited Tennessee for the first time Feb. 21, and he picked up an offer from the Vols while he was there. Brown said after the visit that he and his father already had discussed returning to Knoxville, perhaps as early as next month. He also claims offers from North Carolina, N.C. State, LSU and Michigan, among others, but UT now could be a legitimate contender.
-Callahan

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oversigning cheaters. :D

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
four-star junior defensive end chidi okonya of riverdale (ga.) high school also was impressed by tennessee last weekend during his first visit with the vols, and he said they’re one of several teams standing out to him, along with stanford, miami and ole miss, among others.

The 6-foot-6, 230-pound okonya said the visit impressed him enough to make him want to return to knoxville at some point with his parents.

Okonya, who also attended a junior day at stanford on feb. 28, claims offers from more than two dozen teams, including duke, georgia, lsu, miami, ole miss, stanford, clemson, florida, notre dame and penn state.

He’s ranked the nation’s no. 328 overall prospect and no. 22 strongside defensive end in the 247sports composite.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit King four-star WR Donnie Corley is going to be visiting Tennessee next Saturday. He will bring both of his parents with him. This is an important visit because this recruitment is starting to wind down. Talking with his coach today, they're expecting a commitment in the next 4-6 weeks likely. Lot of contenders here including LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame and Ohio State, but Tennessee has a good rep in the Detroit area right now.
-Rivals

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke Elder - Yahoo! Sports

“Really impressive,” Elder said. “Overall, they just have a good thing going here, just hearing everybody talk about it. Of course they’re all going to be really positive, but they seemed like good, genuine guys. I just sat down with (Tennessee offensive line) coach (Don) Mahoney and kind of talked to him about everything he’s doing with the offensive line.

“Just how everything is so centralized,” Elder said. “The stadium — you’re not really there that often —*but you have practice facility, workout, training room, nutrition and then your dorms are right there — the new dorms. Then, your classes, you just have to walk to the other part of campus to get to. It’s just really great. Then, the coaching staff I felt like was really good, just have a good family atmosphere.”
-Scout

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the Lady Vols game with coach Jones:

Jarrett Guarantano - Yahoo! Sports

NWeaEq8.jpg