• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker confirmed that he's scheduled to attend Tennessee's Orange Carpet Day on June 20 along with Vols quarterback commitment Jarrett Guarantano and New Jersey wide receiver Ahmir Mitchell.

Walker still maintains he's 100 percent committed to Ohio State but the Vols are hoping a successful visit could have him rethink that commitment.
-VQ

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's always good talking to those guys. I talk to coach Jones the most. He messages me and I get back to him so for the most part it's the head coach," Walker explained. Walker admitted it's unique that a head coach like Jones has taken over the reigns of his recruitment but likes it that way, too. "It feels good. It's the head coach recruiting you and it's not like the others, even though it's not a problem, but it's just different when it's the head guy," Walker said.

It's not just Tennessee's staff that has made the No. 1-ranked running back a priority, but also his friend and Tennessee quarterback commitment Jarrett Guarantano. The two have been friends for years and the New Jersey signal caller wants to finally team up with him in college.

"He just told me I should just come out and check it out," Walker explained. "The campus is beautiful and they have a lot to offer off the field in terms of academics. He said we could both be stars there starting as freshmen and do big things together."

"I'm 100 percent committed Ohio State," Walker said. "When I'm on my visits I talk to the coaches and coach Meyer is aware of what's going on. They trust me and I trust them." But, even with that firm commitment, Walker said he wants to see what Tennessee has to offer. "I just want to see what it's like," Walker said. "It's always good just to see something different. There's never nothing wrong with that. I just want to see what it's like down there."
-VQ

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just talked to Landon Dickerson and Tennessee and Virginia Tech continue to be the two that stand out. He added South Carolina, Auburn and FSU round out his top five and he will visit those schools this summer. He also mentioned Michigan is really intriguing. Overall, he seems a ways from making a commitment.
-Fortenberry

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'6" 190...should make for a nice target, especially once he gets into the weight room.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff George | Rocky Top Insider

George is one of the more intriguing prospects in this recruiting cycle. He has rare size – in the 6-5 to 6-6 range – and exceptional athleticism and hands to go with it. He’s not the most polished receiver, and perhaps that’s why he hasn’t blown up in recruiting yet, but he has traits that simply can’t be taught.

He had 46 catches for 690 yards and four touchdowns as a freshman at Dodge City and is looking to build on that. The December graduate would be a nice addition for the Vols in 2016 as they look to add some depth to the position.