• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 The Arizona Cardinals Thread

How Far Will the Arizona Cardinals Go in 2015?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't agree with me either if I had said they should try to find 3 top 20 QBs for their roster. Fortunately, I never said anything of the sort. Drew Stanton is not a Top 20 guy btw. They just need someone who is remotely competent. They can't have that third guy be a complete joke. Vick, Jason Campbell, Tyler Thigpen were still out there last I checked.

What I said was that there are maybe 20 competent QB's in the entire league. So you saying finding a competent 3rd string QB means to me having 3 of the top-20 guys. Those players you listed are all a complete joke in my opinion. Campbell was ok at one time but there is a reason teams haven't brought him back into the league. Same with Vick in he has lost his speed and because of that teams don't really have to respect that part of his game and he is terrible as a passer without that threat. Thigpen has one won game in his entire career of games he started. None of those guys are what you want plus because they are veterans the money paid to them compared maybe a rookie 3rd string QB is quite a difference. We are talking cap space for a 3rd string QB. Again if you are one your 3rd string QB for the season then you might as well call the season a bust because you are not winning the Super Bowl at that point.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No seriously since you play the same divisions as AZ. 10 wins for AZ how many does Sea win?
It's near impossible for me to try to give an objective response regarding the Seahawks. Admittedly, I am a HUGE homer. With that being said, the "first place schedule" doesn't mean a whole lot.

Seahawks will play Dallas and Carolina while Arizona has to play N.O. and Philly. Other than that the opponents are exactly are the same. I fully believe the Seahawks have the most talented roster in the NFL right now and will go into every game as the heavy favorite, with the sole exception of @GB, which I think is a coin toss/slight advantage to Seattle. Is that an objective viewpoint? No. But I personally do believe that to be the case.

Anything less than 12 wins for the Seahawks will be disappointing to me. Obviously injuries can change my expectations but I expect the Seahawks to win the division by 2 to 3 games all while holding the tie-breaker advantages.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's near impossible for me to try to give an objective response regarding the Seahawks. Admittedly, I am a HUGE homer. With that being said, the "first place schedule" doesn't mean a whole lot.

Seahawks will play Dallas and Carolina while Arizona has to play N.O. and Philly. Other than that the opponents are exactly are the same. I fully believe the Seahawks have the most talented roster in the NFL right now and will go into every game as the heavy favorite, with the sole exception of @GB, which I think is a coin toss/slight advantage to Seattle. Is that an objective viewpoint? No. But I personally do believe that to be the case.

Anything less than 12 wins for the Seahawks will be disappointing to me. Obviously injuries can change my expectations but I expect the Seahawks to win the division by 2 to 3 games all while holding the tie-breaker advantages.
Thanks for declaring your homerism. None the less at least you bring facts and common sense to the post. Not just plain homerism. I think AZ has the slightly easier schedule. Both Dal and Car play the Hawks tough. I could see both those games goibg either way. I could see both Sea and AZ with 11 wins? Should be a good battle. Hope everyone stays healthy.
You're right that first p l ace schedule is only based on those two different teams. The rest of the games are already predetermined. Too many posters don't understand that.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for declaring your homerism. None the less at least you bring facts and common sense to the post. Not just plain homerism. I think AZ has the slightly easier schedule. Both Dal and Car play the Hawks tough. I could see both those games goibg either way. I could see both Sea and AZ with 11 wins? Should be a good battle. Hope everyone stays healthy.
You're right that first p l ace schedule is only based on those two different teams. The rest of the games are already predetermined. Too many posters don't understand that.
The season can't start soon enough.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I would say huge difference in schedule though in the sense that where the games are played. A great example is that of Arizona only has 3 road games against teams that made the playoffs last year. Compare that to Seattle with 5 of their 8 road games being against playoff teams last year. Throw in then having some of their toughest games at home. There is about a touchdown difference between playing on the road and playing at home for teams so yes that makes a huge difference.

Like you said injuries could be a concern as well. Have to remember over the last 2 years with Seattle making the Super Bowl they have played more games than any other team in the league. We saw the team start having a few serious injuries this past year with Thomas and Sherman for sure being at the top of that list. The idea that Seattle will have luck in the health department for a 3rd straight year is very unlikely.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where those games are at matters more to me than anything else honestly. I understand the games have only 2 differences but again playing at home compared to on the road is about a touchdown difference and home teams win about 60% of the time in the NFL. So playing Green Bay at home compared to on the road is a huge difference.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I would say huge difference in schedule though in the sense that where the games are played. A great example is that of Arizona only has 3 road games against teams that made the playoffs last year. Compare that to Seattle with 5 of their 8 road games being against playoff teams last year. Throw in then having some of their toughest games at home. There is about a touchdown difference between playing on the road and playing at home for teams so yes that makes a huge difference.

Like you said injuries could be a concern as well. Have to remember over the last 2 years with Seattle making the Super Bowl they have played more games than any other team in the league. We saw the team start having a few serious injuries this past year with Thomas and Sherman for sure being at the top of that list. The idea that Seattle will have luck in the health department for a 3rd straight year is very unlikely.
To offset that disadvantage though is the perception that Seattle has a deeper, more talented roster than Arizona. If that perception is reality, then the Seahawks should win the division regardless of where the games are played.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To offset that disadvantage though is the perception that Seattle has a deeper, more talented roster than Arizona. If that perception is reality, then the Seahawks should win the division regardless of where the games are played.

The statistics say where they are played matters big time no matter the depth of the team. The home team has about a 7 point difference as they usually allow 3 points automatically for the home team so you add up the 3 of the game was reversed in location and you get just about a touchdown difference between home and away. When over 50% of NFL games are decided by 7 points or less then that home field advantage becomes a huge deal. This past year 3 of the 4 losses for Seattle happened on the road with 2 of those 3 being by 4 points or less so it is easy to say if those were home games good chance Seattle wins those. The year before that 2 of the 3 losses were on the road again by a touchdown or less. In 2012 in Wilson's first year all 5 losses came on the road. So 10 of the 12 losses for Seattle in the regular season over the last 3 years have been on the road so again that should show that them having one of the toughest road schedules in the NFL is a big deal when one game usually is all the difference between home field advantage and that of maybe 2nd or 3rd in the NFL.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where those games are at matters more to me than anything else honestly. I understand the games have only 2 differences but again playing at home compared to on the road is about a touchdown difference and home teams win about 60% of the time in the NFL. So playing Green Bay at home compared to on the road is a huge difference.
Agreed Sea plays at GB and home against Car.
AZ plays NO at home and at Philly.
That's why I'm thinking Sea has it slightly more difficult on paper as we know it today.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona will also be much better on offense this year if Palmer stays healthy because they have a very underrated young backfield with David Johnson and Andre Ellington and WR John Brown and Michael Floyd. The defense should be good again this season.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit it, I'm hoping for utter disaster on the Sea Offensive line...If not, Sea>everyone...
No offense, but what makes you think the Seahawks OL has not been an utter disaster for almost a decade?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't agree with me either if I had said they should try to find 3 top 20 QBs for their roster. Fortunately, I never said anything of the sort. Drew Stanton is not a Top 20 guy btw. They just need someone who is remotely competent. They can't have that third guy be a complete joke. Vick, Jason Campbell, Tyler Thigpen were still out there last I checked.

3rd QBs on every NFL team are projects or rookies. It's a waste to spend a roster spot on a no-upside older QB who likely won't see the field. It unrealistic to expect a team to have 3 quality QBs on their roster.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense, but what makes you think the Seahawks OL has not been an utter disaster for almost a decade?

Ummm, I don't know about a full decade, but the poor line play recently and hopefully continued poor line play is exactly why I mentioned it. That's why I'm hoping it doesn't turn around! I can make a case your D will be a little worse than it has been the last couple of years. Tough to even attempt that on Offense with Graham around unless I can assume the OL sucks. Plus, I know he was hurting, but I am a big Unger fan and have been ever since Sea stole him from Dallas. So if your OL doesn't suck I'm worried no one in the NFC will be able to catch Sea and since I don't want Sea to win that is what I'm hoping for. Get it?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, I don't know about a full decade, but the poor line play recently and hopefully continued poor line play is exactly why I mentioned it. That's why I'm hoping it doesn't turn around! I can make a case your D will be a little worse than it has been the last couple of years. Tough to even attempt that on Offense with Graham around unless I can assume the OL sucks. Plus, I know he was hurting, but I am a big Unger fan and have been ever since Sea stole him from Dallas. So if your OL doesn't suck I'm worried no one in the NFC will be able to catch Sea and since I don't want Sea to win that is what I'm hoping for. Get it?
Oh, I get it. My earlier question was asked in jest.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sept. 13 New Orleans, 3:05 p.m.----W

Sept. 20 at Chicago, noon----W

Sept. 27 San Francisco, 3:05 p.m.---W

Oct. 4 St. Louis, 3:25 p.m.----W

Oct. 11 at Detroit, 3:05 p.m.----L

Oct. 18 at Pittsburgh, noon----L