• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The My Vibe Thread

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to an ortho yesterday for an MRI review.
My right hip is trash. Everything that could be wrong with it is way past bad. A year ago no pain in hip at all, one year later the joint is literally crumbling. I need hip replacement surgery. A year and a half ago I had avoided surgery for past 50 years. Fast forward and I’ll be getting my 4th surgery in 1 1/2 years.
I’m retired and have 100 percent coverage on my insurance but I’m getting tired of rehab. 3 years ago I asked my doctor if these hips would last another 10 years and he told me they would. WTF?

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My right hip is trash. Everything that could be wrong with it is way past bad. A year ago no pain in hip at all, one year later the joint is literally crumbling. I need hip replacement surgery. A year and a half ago I had avoided surgery for past 50 years. Fast forward and I’ll be getting my 4th surgery in 1 1/2 years.
I’m retired and have 100 percent coverage on my insurance but I’m getting tired of rehab. 3 years ago I asked my doctor if these hips would last another 10 years and he told me they would. WTF?

Too much of this…

tmp.gif

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the world of old farts.

From here on out, everything is rehab.

I spent at least forty five minutes straight swimming and body surfing at Cresent Beach. It was fabulous.

Today has been spent in my EZ Boy or my desk chair. I can't feel anything below my knees, but everything from my knees to my arm pits is throbbing. This doesn't compare to what you're going through. I'm not saying anything like that at all. We abused our bodies when we were younger because we could get away with it. Now the abuse is paying us back. All I can say is, Best of luck. Rehab with a new hip isn't bad. The lady across the street was 86 and she was up and walking the street two weeks after she got home from hip replacement. She said that it was the best she's felt in twenty years. You ain't that old and she juyst turned 89 and is still walking every day. Good luck, my friend.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the world of old farts.

From here on out, everything is rehab.

I spent at least forty five minutes straight swimming and body surfing at Cresent Beach. It was fabulous.

Today has been spent in my EZ Boy or my desk chair. I can't feel anything below my knees, but everything from my knees to my arm pits is throbbing. This doesn't compare to what you're going through. I'm not saying anything like that at all. We abused our bodies when we were younger because we could get away with it. Now the abuse is paying us back. All I can say is, Best of luck. Rehab with a new hip isn't bad. The lady across the street was 86 and she was up and walking the street two weeks after she got home from hip replacement. She said that it was the best she's felt in twenty years. You ain't that old and she juyst turned 89 and is still walking every day. Good luck, my friend.
I definitely earned the pain! Once again I’m trying to get my physicality back but knowing the other hip is bad too. I used to just refuse surgery but when you have a hard time just getting to the recliner…..

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely earned the pain! Once again I’m trying to get my physicality back but knowing the other hip is bad too. I used to just refuse surgery but when you have a hard time just getting to the recliner…..
Good luck Southie. I don't envy you and the rehab.