• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers 2024 Offseason Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Vogel or maybe Cassell or Borrego may be the best candidates but then James isn't going to be happy and we are back to square one again. Part of this problem is Jeanie Buss, who often defers to other people to make her decisions for her. She is not providing any sort of leadership like her father would have done and she used to do. Now, it's a crap shoot.
The next coach will be there after James retires IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers should go with Borrego or Cassell who are both somewhat neutral in all of the above that we have discussed. Then when James leaves, hat HC can proceed with getting the team back to championship level.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Vogel or maybe Cassell or Borrego may be the best candidates but then James isn't going to be happy and we are back to square one again. Part of this problem is Jeanie Buss, who often defers to other people to make her decisions for her. She is not providing any sort of leadership like her father would have done and she used to do. Now, it's a crap shoot.
In my order of preference...

1-Vogel (but not a candidate)
2-Borrego
3-Cassell

Really close between Borrego and Cassell but I don't think they want to go with another first time HC. At least, they shouldn't....LOL.

Think Cassell could be good but Doc is considering him as an assistant. And he could be Doc's eventual replacement if Doc gets fired. And that most likely is when they rebuilding after they blow it up and start trading guys off....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I agree. Vogel should be the guy but won't be because of James and he was there before. Borrego is the most objective and he knows how to properly use rotations to get the wins.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I agree. Vogel should be the guy but won't be because of James and he was there before. Borrego is the most objective and he knows how to properly use rotations to get the wins.
And he has a relationship with AD when they knew each before he was drafted by NO. And then Borrego went to Orlando.

Think they consider what AD wants more than Bron. At least they should since AD is younger and will be there longer.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope this plays out and then we will see if the Lakers can develop into a consistent championship team.

Reactions: DJ

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh this this shit still going on? They're not interviewing for Head Coach.. They're interviewing for whoever bows to LeQueen's demands and licks his rear properly on the one knee approach. Hes the headcoach.. He just wants a subservient lapdog. . Thats why they have the high turnover they do. LOL

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like cassell. Met him about 25 years ago in NJ. He will do what’s best for the organization he’s a real student of the game. Very analytical. Intelligent man. Talented as hell too

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's likely what it takes. Reaves/Rui/JHS/all 3 firsts. Whether or not they're all unprotected?
No way they should give up that much.

Did they learn nothing from the AD trade?

Sure, they got the chip first season ( in the bubble which probably helped with no travel, crowds, etc ), but since they have had to deal with his injury history while missing out on blue chip young talent to build the next foundation.

Now way they should do that trade again.