• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Source: Padres nearing deal for Marlins 2B Luis Arraez

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I have to disagree. If he is replacing France at 1B, then it isn't adding another bad defensive player it is just replacing one with one but one tat can actually hit. I will not refuse any guy that can actually hit for no matter what other flaws he may have. This team can't afford to be that picky when it comes to hitters. I think they made a big mistake, but one I never thought they would go after in the first place.
If they DFA/trade France then roster wise it makes. Otherwise IMO, the team doesn’t get any better. Sure Arraez will get more hits but IMO him with France on the bench, not only hurts them defensively but it also makes the bench worse.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they DFA/trade France then roster wise it makes. Otherwise IMO, the team doesn’t get any better. Sure Arraez will get more hits but IMO him with France on the bench, not only hurts them defensively but it also makes the bench worse.
Oh no, getting him would mean getting rid of France in my scenario. No need having him around as a bench player or a DH on a team with 4 DH's.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, getting him would mean getting rid of France in my scenario. No need having him around as a bench player or a DH on a team with 4 DH's.
Well that was kind of my point. If they don’t DFA France or Garver (ideally France) then IMO there is an argument Arraez weakens the overall team. But that’s the problem with the whole building an offense with platoons built in. It doesnt leave a lot wiggle room to improve unless one of the platoon guys is including in a trade or cut.