• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mingo It sounds like UF is the leader for Cormani. I won't get too excited yet and I really only get excited about stuff on a one year basis anymore in college football. I think Florida needs to free up a scholarship though if he does head to Florida.

Florida had a bit of a rocky ending to recruiting this year with some flips but they have done great at getting some high recruits who have hit the portal after committing. Jameel Grimsley (after Saban left) got the top OG Jason Zandamela after he was at USC and then decided he wanted to play closer to home, De'Ante Robinson (Same as Zadamela, went to Texas and soon after wanted to play closer to home and now possibly McClain.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mingo It sounds like UF is the leader for Cormani. I won't get too excited yet and I really only get excited about stuff on a one year basis anymore in college football. I think Florida needs to free up a scholarship though if he does head to Florida.

Florida had a bit of a rocky ending to recruiting this year with some flips but they have done great at getting some high recruits who have hit the portal after committing. Jameel Grimsley (after Saban left) got the top OG Jason Zandamela after he was at USC and then decided he wanted to play closer to home, De'Ante Robinson (Same as Zadamela, went to Texas and soon after wanted to play closer to home and now possibly McClain.
UF - IMO - would be insane to offer Cormani McClain (but they did again) - as in his earlier recruitment - the entire Florida coaching staff went to Cormani's school to meet with him and he used that engagement to go to Colorado instead - leaving the Florida coaches with egg on their face. McClain is very talented and may find himself in the next year or two, but right now he is a mess.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UF - IMO - would be insane to offer Cormani McClain (but they did again) - as in his earlier recruitment - the entire Florida coaching staff went to Cormani's school to meet with him and he used that engagement to go to Colorado instead - leaving the Florida coaches with egg on their face. McClain is very talented and may find himself in the next year or two, but right now he is a mess.

I think you are getting Florida confused with Miami.

Florida recruited McClain and at one time he was a Florida lean but he never verballed to them. Miami was the school he had verballed too before not signing on nearly signing period and switching to Colorado.

Great player but yeah he has ants in his pants combine that with new portal rules and it becomes a mess.

Reminds me a bit of Zach Evans recruiting/switcharoos. Sadly, it is going to be very common in college football now...Zach Evans did it all before the new rules came. Impressive. At that point it seemed like he was a mental mess (and he was and still sorta is) but now it is just normal college football.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love me some portal!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are getting Florida confused with Miami.

Florida recruited McClain and at one time he was a Florida lean but he never verballed to them. Miami was the school he had verballed too before not signing on nearly signing period and switching to Colorado.

Great player but yeah he has ants in his pants combine that with new portal rules and it becomes a mess.

Reminds me a bit of Zach Evans recruiting/switcharoos. Sadly, it is going to be very common in college football now...Zach Evans did it all before the new rules came. Impressive. At that point it seemed like he was a mental mess (and he was and still sorta is) but now it is just normal college football.
You are correct it was the Miami coaches left at the HS alter.

From my experience - Cormani McClain is like owning a boat - the two happiest days are when decides to play for you and the day when he leaves.

He is not only a top CB but his arms are unusually long which means he can cover a significantly larger radius. He has yet to show any dedication to his craft or sense of membership in a broader concept of team. I don't think he has shown much in his studies (Most of the year he has been mysteriously missing from conditioning and spring drills but was still listed as part of the team - nothing was announced but this is what CU does when you are on academic or some other school related suspension).

I hope he grows as a person and as a player.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read - Hackett's job with the Jets is held together only by Aaron Rodgers -otherwise - he'd have his ticket out of town. lol