• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's tiny bit helpful - - though I have no idea how he can beat the rap on the other more serious charge. ....
On that one he just has to suck up and hold himself accountable to mitigate the damage. Seems like he's getting good advice from his lawyer.

I'm guessing four-to-six games. Conceivably down to two or three if he does everything right. Gotta be something no matter what.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe @HaroldSeattle

On sleeper, got a rookie draft that starts this weekend. Do the teams need to have roster space available for their draft picks before the draft or can they drop during it?

Want to avoid having to pause the draft or back it up due to roster constraints but also don't want me to have to do extra work to manage other people's teams

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On sleeper, got a rookie draft that starts this weekend. Do the teams need to have roster space available for their draft picks before the draft or can they drop during it?

Want to avoid having to pause the draft or back it up due to roster constraints but also don't want me to have to do extra work to manage other people's teams
Never used Sleeper but it would seem that there are a couple of ways to handle it. Teams must drop before-hand with roster size as is - - or expand roster size to accommodate picks, then drop afterwards. Either way makes it easier on the commish during the draft.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never used Sleeper but it would seem that there are a couple of ways to handle it. Teams must drop before-hand with roster size as is - - or expand roster size to accommodate picks, then drop afterwards. Either way makes it easier on the commish during the draft.

Rosters have been expanded but some teams had 2 guys on IR and more picks than what the roster expansion covers.

Looks like I'll do some pre-draft work this evening to get teams compliant and just tell them i don't have the bandwidth to monitor every roster so if they don't make cuts they are at the mercy of Sleeper. I'm a big fan of owners being accountable for their own teams but I'm not a monster, won't let someone get skipped in the first couple of rounds if it's preventable

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not positive how it works. Considering roster size is never brought up ( In the sleeper league I'm in) I think teams aren't required to cut back until draft is over then it gets locked until the roster meets roster limits. However lets hear from Joe, if anyone knows it would be him.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. They dont need the roster space.
Nor will they be forced to drop during the draft.

However, once the draft is over, their teams will most likely be ILLEGAL and over the roster limit.

Since we are months from week 1, they will not have to drop players. However (#2), if someone in the player pool catches their attention, they will NOT be able to add them as a FA or submit a waiver claim until their roster is legal.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SmokingMonkey
Just to dovetail off my Sleeper comments above...

In our dynasty league, we inform the owners that free agency will be unlocked immediately after the draft is over.

This is a passive aggressive way to get owners to make their rosters legal asap. Especially since there always seems to be a player that goes undrafted that someone wants to take a chance on. (And the only way to add him is if a roster is legal.)

Some owners will still drag their feet. Got 3 owners (out of 12) who are still over the limit.

And actually, i'm fine with them dragging their feet. They cant add anybody and they still need to cut about 10 players between the 3 teams, and my guess says those 10 arent gonna be players worth burning a waiver priority for.

Last edited:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those in it the Guillotine league has been renewed. For those not in it the more the merrier, come give it a try for a year.
Such a fun league. Trust me y'all, you won't regret it! :) :) :)