• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Good chance team name gets changed per report.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still won,t come back.i have sent unbelievable racism in my 61 years that would blow your mind.klan walked down main street in front of my uncle,s story when I was 6.saw a fight between racists/communists at a local hs that lead to a Greensboro shootout 3 months later.you get the gist I hope.
Dad....this guy is bringing down the entire room.

did the same when he was a cowboy fan.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still won,t come back.i have sent unbelievable racism in my 61 years that would blow your mind.klan walked down main street in front of my uncle,s story when I was 6.saw a fight between racists/communists at a local hs that lead to a Greensboro shootout 3 months later.you get the gist I hope.
I'm 71, so anything that you've seen, I probably have too! Worse been adversely affected by it!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad....this guy is bringing down the entire room.

did the same when he was a cowboy fan.
My apologies PDay for participating in this. I promise you and the board to cut this short very soon. Please bear with me while I clear up a few things and soon thereafter I'll be done with it. Again, apologies to the entire board for my participation in this.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one as a fan of the former Washington Redskins did so with racist intentions .
I have zero intentions of changing the tone and tenor of this board, so this will be my last entry on this subject. ( So, I'd better make it good huh?)
My focus will be on this part of what you wrote and the interesting teachable moment it all presents us.

Reading your statement (above) brings to mind the almost reflexive disconnect that we all practice and deny simultaneously daily. For persons like yourself, it's normalized, while for others who look more like me, there's a form of cognitive dissonance at play. Here's how it works...
Everyday language, for instance, descriptions like "black," "white," "red," and to a lesser degree "yellow" all have undeniably deep roots in racism and division. Historical spin or redefinitions happen but at their root, they were all used to differentiate and therefore justify whatever followed. (A tree is known by the fruit that it bears)
Normalizing via historical spin and/or redefinition doesn't kill the root it just moves our tolerances to acceptable places so that statements like " No one as a fan of the former Washington Redskins did so with racist intentions," becomes another in a long line of justifications to not deal with the original sin (root). Categorical labeling is a tool that humans use to resolve the impossible complexity of the environments we grapple to perceive. Like so many human faculties, it's adaptive and miraculous, but it also contributes to some of the deepest problems that we face. "Black," White," "Red," and "Yellow," are categories that have no basis in biology but nonetheless go on to determine the social, political, and economic well-being of their members.

Can we resolve all of the ills of this world and country, NO! But we can become better within ourselves and as board members sharing a common love here by not further contributing to language that divides. (you'll dispute unintentional racism). Take note that with very scarce exceptions "White" as a description of other human beings is never used on this board while "Black," and "Red," are bandied about routinely, in a normalized far too comfortable manner.

So, what's the point of all of this? , I'm not asking you or anyone here to change. Let me make that very clear, I'm NOT asking for you or anyone here to change, however, from board member to board member, friend to friend, my only ask is that you and others consider... Yep, I wrote Consider, doing the same thing for others that have been done for the rest of you on this board. (We don't use "White.")

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero intentions of changing the tone and tenor of this board, so this will be my last entry on this subject. ( So, I'd better make it good huh?)
My focus will be on this part of what you wrote and the interesting teachable moment it all presents us.

Reading your statement (above) brings to mind the almost reflexive disconnect that we all practice and deny simultaneously daily. For persons like yourself, it's normalized, while for others who look more like me, there's a form of cognitive dissonance at play. Here's how it works...
Everyday language, for instance, descriptions like "black," "white," "red," and to a lesser degree "yellow" all have undeniably deep roots in racism and division. Historical spin or redefinitions happen but at their root, they were all used to differentiate and therefore justify whatever followed. (A tree is known by the fruit that it bears)
Normalizing via historical spin and/or redefinition doesn't kill the root it just moves our tolerances to acceptable places so that statements like " No one as a fan of the former Washington Redskins did so with racist intentions," becomes another in a long line of justifications to not deal with the original sin (root). Categorical labeling is a tool that humans use to resolve the impossible complexity of the environments we grapple to perceive. Like so many human faculties, it's adaptive and miraculous, but it also contributes to some of the deepest problems that we face. "Black," White," "Red," and "Yellow," are categories that have no basis in biology but nonetheless go on to determine the social, political, and economic well-being of their members.

Can we resolve all of the ills of this world and country, NO! But we can become better within ourselves and as board members sharing a common love here by not further contributing to language that divides. (you'll dispute unintentional racism). Take note that with very scarce exceptions "White" as a description of other human beings is never used on this board while "Black," and "Red," are bandied about routinely, in a normalized far too comfortable manner.

So, what's the point of all of this? , I'm not asking you or anyone here to change. Let me make that very clear, I'm NOT asking for you or anyone here to change, however, from board member to board member, friend to friend, my only ask is that you and others consider... Yep, I wrote Consider, doing the same thing for others that have been done for the rest of you on this board. (We don't use "White.")
Well considering others and then taking that consideration still ends in me still believing what I believe is OK . I don’t have to succumb to a belief system to be considered “ considering “other peoples views .

A minority opinion doesn’t mean it has to override the majority opinion in every instance . It doesn’t mean the minority opinion wasn’t considered either

Now sty I respect your opinion and believe it is heartfelt, I am not saying it’s good , bad or indifferent. I am saying we can disagree on this and still be freinds . I know I would go to war for you in a heartbeat

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my first choice, but I could live with it.

Screenshot_20240520_124637_Instagram.jpg

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put a couple of feathers on the "W" and change the name from Commanders I could live with that. Commanders HAS to go.
Commanders is no where on the imagery and yes, the feather hanging off the logo would be sick!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate the "W" logo but the feathers would keep up our native American past. The Commanders name and uniforms SUCK!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another compromise I can live with

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this a while back. RFK look to it but upgraded. That said I fully expect them to go with a retractable roof. I hate the name, but honestly, I hate the uniforms more. We look like an expansion team out there.

Screenshot_20240229_164155_YouTube.jpg