• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Frank the Tank gives 95% probability that Marner starts the season elsewhere.

And apparently Marner wants a raise??? Woof

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also see some rumo(u)rs that Flames PP coach Marc Savard might be heading to Toronto to re-unite with Berube on the Leafs coaching staff. If I were still in Calgary, I would drive Savard to the airport lol.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also see some rumo(u)rs that Flames PP coach Marc Savard might be heading to Toronto to re-unite with Berube on the Leafs coaching staff. If I were still in Calgary, I would drive Savard to the airport lol.
You can still hire him an Uber lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you have to pick him up in Vancouver first. he must have been consulting that PP unit

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we have to wait 5 days for the Cup Final, here is today's fun fact

The 1967 Leafs (yes, THAT team) had 10 future HoF'ers. In the last 57 years, the team has had 20 dress for at least 1 game: Anderson, Andreychuk, Barrasso, Belfour, Francis, Fuhr, Gartner, Gilmour, Housley, Leetch, Lindros, McDonald, Murphy, Nieuwendyk, Parent, Plante, Salming, Sittler, Sundin and Ullman.

Most of those however did not earn their HoF credential while wearing the Blue and White. The 7 bolded are the ones you would normally associate with the Leafs. And a couple of those may be debated.

Throw in AM34 off the current roster as a maybe, and that is a pretty weak legacy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They fear that a consistent 90+ point player who’s finished in the Selke running before might be good on another team?

Uh, yeah, that’s also why other teams might want him lol

I don’t understand this at all. Also comparing this to Kadri is stupid - Kadri fucked his teammates by being an idiot multiple times. Marner’s a pending UFA on a flawed cap team.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more concerned about the Leafs intending to bring back both Domi and Bertuzzi if I were a Leafs fan.
If it’s not insane term and close to their most recent AAV’s I’m fine with it.

Playing under a coach with a clue and a team that isn’t too heavy would help them both be better.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it’s not insane term and close to their most recent AAV’s I’m fine with it.

Playing under a coach with a clue and a team that isn’t too heavy would help them both be better.

It's just odd to me that guys like Kevin Papetti never hesitated to take shots at Tre with a lot of his signings when he was with the Flames. I just don't think either Domi or Bertuzzi are difference makers and it would be better to move on from both of them.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just odd to me that guys like Kevin Papetti never hesitated to take shots at Tre with a lot of his signings when he was with the Flames. I just don't think either Domi or Bertuzzi are difference makers and it would be better to move on from both of them.
I don’t think you’re getting many difference makers on the market for $3 mil.

These aren’t really the players I care too much about. Im more concerned about them finding a 1D and scoring wingers who don’t go missing in the playoffs and re-signing one of these guys doesn’t stop them from doing that if they can move Mitch.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you do, then its a fluke and pure luck. Genie in a bottle kinda thing.

That's true, but my point above regarding both Domi and Bertuzzi is that they're taking up roster spots and I don't see them as part of any solution moving forward. I'd rather see a younger player or prospect over either of those guys. Bringing back those guys is a classic Flames move which makes sense when you consider who the current Leafs GM is.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, but my point above regarding both Domi and Bertuzzi is that they're taking up roster spots and I don't see them as part of any solution moving forward. I'd rather see a younger player or prospect over either of those guys. Bringing back those guys is a classic Flames move which makes sense when you consider who the current Leafs GM is.

No argument here. Give guys like Cowan, Fraser and Robertson real shots at playing time rather than signing those guys. :nod:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marner is such an interesting case. According to Statmuse, he is 7th in the League in cumulative points over the past 5 years. Kucherov is the closest in Goals and Assists. Kuch has 3 more years at 9.5M AAV.

They just re-upped Nylander for $11.5M, and he is 17th in the League point-wise over the last 5 years. Not sure how you credibly try to sign Mitch for less than that figure.

My guess: they resign Marner for $12ish, cut JT loose after next year unless he wants $4-5M and move on.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you do, then its a fluke and pure luck. Genie in a bottle kinda thing.
No no see what geniuses do is take cheap gambles on their star players.

Or like Ken Holland does, wait until the 23rd round to draft future HOF’ers and be forever known as a genius.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's what he's telling the team I think my response would be to expect a lot of third line minutes and that to fix PP1 he'll be spending most of the season on the second unit.

I guess either that or you count on him loving money so much that he goes on an absolute tear and scores 140 points lol