• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NHL Playoffs Thread

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that went as planned...5-1 shelling, G7 coming up. Canucks looked completely listless all night.

Hope they don't choke this one away.

IMO They have only looked the better team in one game. Oilers Outplayed them every game except one..... Is so glad to see a game seven anything's possible.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far 23-4 Oilers in SOG. Vancouver. At home. Game 7. Only 4 shots???

Down 2-0, looking like Dallas is going to be our last hope to keep them out of the SCFs. Vancouver just looks gassed.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice if Pettersson played in the series? Seriously, though, he was MIA. He was outscored by Zadorov! He looked overwhelmed at times. Will be interesting to see how that contract plays out.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice if Pettersson played in the series? Seriously, though, he was MIA. He was outscored by Zadorov! He looked overwhelmed at times. Will be interesting to see how that contract plays out.

Last night was his best game of the series, he set up guys quite a few times for looks but those guys also failed to finish. He was also reversing hitting everyone, knocked a few Oilers on their butts.

Overall he didn't have a good series or playoffs but did have his best game. Finished the season 1G/5A in 13 games. That Predator series was grueling for the Canucks and it caught up to them those series.

But for $11.8 million or whatever coming up, he has to produce more than he did. Like I said, we think the PLD contract is bad? If this guy doesn't revert to form it'll take over as the ugliest contract in the NHL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People saying maybe he was hurt, but those numbers this series and playoffs just weren't good enough. Boesser not playing Game 7 hurt but just a really bad effort in Game 7, highlighted by a 4 minute power play in the first period in which they only had 1 shot I think.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, enjoying the back and forth from all the Canadian fans and lunatics. I guess this fan with a Turban was being a menace in Game 1, so Paul Coffey (Assistant coach for Edmonton) pointed out who the fan was to security, but described him wearing a Turban. So Vancouver media/fans went nuts and called him Islamophobic and all this. What I understand is the fan was pretty out of control and that was just the easiest way to describe him. Microcosm for the series.

Vancouver really faded down the stretch and I do think Edmonton played better. That all being said, Skinner/Edmonton goaltending I cannot see being enough. Next level Special Teams could propel them, but I just feel like Dallas is going to smoke them in 5 Games. I could be wrong, but Roope Hintz is skating and is close to being back for Dallas. Missed Game 4 and on in that series and Dallas still beat Colorado.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People saying maybe he was hurt, but those numbers this series and playoffs just weren't good enough. Boesser not playing Game 7 hurt but just a really bad effort in Game 7, highlighted by a 4 minute power play in the first period in which they only had 1 shot I think.

They were just out of gas, you could see it from puck drop. Good run for them though, valuable experience. Got more than LA did so kudos to them.

That 4 minute PP was awful, they were actually outshot on it I believe by Edmonton. They get one there, who knows - was still 0-0 at that point.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, enjoying the back and forth from all the Canadian fans and lunatics. I guess this fan with a Turban was being a menace in Game 1, so Paul Coffey (Assistant coach for Edmonton) pointed out who the fan was to security, but described him wearing a Turban. So Vancouver media/fans went nuts and called him Islamophobic and all this. What I understand is the fan was pretty out of control and that was just the easiest way to describe him. Microcosm for the series.

Read about that, dismissed by the NHL. Vancouver has a huge Indian/Punjabi community so I'm not surprised they took it the wrong way.

Vancouver really faded down the stretch and I do think Edmonton played better. That all being said, Skinner/Edmonton goaltending I cannot see being enough. Next level Special Teams could propel them, but I just feel like Dallas is going to smoke them in 5 Games. I could be wrong, but Roope Hintz is skating and is close to being back for Dallas. Missed Game 4 and on in that series and Dallas still beat Colorado.

Dallas depth is just solid up and down the line up, getting contributions from all over. Getting Hintz back will be huge for them, the extra days off with Edmonton still playing definitely benefits them in regards to Hintz.

Also agree 100%, the Edmonton PP is basically the only area I see an advantage for them so I'm sure Dallas will be working on staying out of the box.

Oettinger is a much better goalie than Skinner so that's a clear advantage for Dallas, if both T6 units cancel each other Dallas B6 is stepping up and scoring goals.

All in all I'm saying Dallas in 6. Looking forward to the Skinner Specials, Dallas has big forwards that love to play in the paint.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to sound like a jerk...but why does Emily Kaplan look like Kermit the Frog to me?

Rags win in OT, series tied 1-1. Going to be a good series, seeing Quick out there again so deep in the POs is awesome no matter what jersey he wears. Would love to see him retire a King but I don't think there's a good relationship between he and Bowlby. As long as he's around I don't see Quick even entertaining that idea.

Would love to see him get Cup 4 but my money is still on Dallas or Florida.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to sound like a jerk...but why does Emily Kaplan look like Kermit the Frog to me?

Rags win in OT, series tied 1-1. Going to be a good series, seeing Quick out there again so deep in the POs is awesome no matter what jersey he wears. Would love to see him retire a King but I don't think there's a good relationship between he and Bowlby. As long as he's around I don't see Quick even entertaining that idea.

Would love to see him get Cup 4 but my money is still on Dallas or Florida.
The simple fact of how Bowlby apparently strained the relationship between the Kings & Quick is a just reason for AEG to relieve Bowlby of his duties. How do you take the franchise's most iconic player, and ostracize him from the organization?!? Fuck him....

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick keeps getting the last laugh on him since he got traded. Wins a Cup, signs for cheap to be closer to home and play for the team of the guy he idolized as a kid (Richter), now in the CFs again and possibly Cup number four but he's still loved and revered in Los Angeles no matter what.

Joke's on you Robert!

=)~~

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All is right in the world tonight, Oilers lose 3-1 and series tied. It took OT and 4 goals and an odd Oettinger goal against for Edmonton to win G1, Dallas ramped it up hard tonight starting in the second period. I still believe Dallas will be moving on in this series in 6 tops. They very well could be up 2-0.

Took the boys to LA Fleet Week today in San Pedro, did some ship tours and saw some impressive military vehicles. Missed the first two periods but was able to clearly see Dallas being the better team after we got home, I'm just dying to see that handshake line and McJesus cry.

Headed to Soak City tomorrow day and Knotts tomorrow night so I'll probably miss the NY Florida game but maybe catch the rerun later on after we get home. Busy weekend and I'm exhausted and it's only Saturday night haha.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And first article I read this morning is how the Oilers are "perplexed" they aren't getting calls. Knoblauch, McJesus and Ekholm all on record shrugging and saying "I don't know".

Dallas has averaged 2 PKs per game since the POs started, they've given up 3 this series so far (Oilers actually got 2 vs Dallas 1 PP last night) so they're basically on track for that. They are an extremely disciplined team that checks hard, it's going to be tough to get chances.

Here we go again with the reffing set up for G3, seems every year when the Oilers are losing the ref card comes out.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some great hockey going on. Edmonton dominated period 1 but were only up 2-0. Dallas.just came out dominated the 3rd. I can't remember a shift like they had where they had Edmonton pinned in their own zone for over 3 minutes. Did two different line changes I thought. Nothing came of it specifically, but the whole game changed after that. From 0-2 to up 3-2 in a matter of minutes. Edmonton tied it back up later second. Dallas edged them out in 3rd.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nurse -12

Skinner StatisticAlly last I assume for any goalie That's played more than twenty playoff games

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some great hockey going on. Edmonton dominated period 1 but were only up 2-0. Dallas.just came out dominated the 3rd. I can't remember a shift like they had where they had Edmonton pinned in their own zone for over 3 minutes. Did two different line changes I thought. Nothing came of it specifically, but the whole game changed after that. From 0-2 to up 3-2 in a matter of minutes. Edmonton tied it back up later second. Dallas edged them out in 3rd.

That shift was unreal, 2 minutes hemming the Oilers in. Yeah they didn't score but that shift changed the entire game.

Three goals in 3:33 and the the Skinner Special to give Dallas the win. Loved it. I hope after they lose this series McDavid and Draisaitl have broken spirits and want to leave.