• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 2) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they were both questionable over half the season. They played though, I think that was to make sure they didn’t get fined like the Sixers.

The main reason AD kept playing was because he stated before the season that he wanted to play all 82.

But you're also right in that listing them as questionable for so long did allow them to sit them (even up to game time) if they felt it was necessary without getting fined.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not in the locker room, so I don’t know whether this is happening or not.

But…

Some coaches put extra pressure on shooters by pulling them when they aren’t hitting. It is 1 thing when it is a bench guy playing 10 minutes a night. But when it is a starter and you make it know he has a short leash when his first few shots don’t fall, it absolutely can have a negative affect on player confidence.

Bad coaches will flat out tell the guy, make your shot or you are sitting. You aren’t helping us when you are missing shots. I have watched good players turn into liabilities in those conditions.

And while we all know that is true, The best coaches I know tell their shooters to shoot with confidence. They understand that even the best go through slumps and that you have to ride the bad to get to the good. They use positive reinforcement and encourage which can actually help them get through to the other side.

As a shooter myself, you feel like garbage when you aren’t hitting. It is your 1 job. And nobody is more aware than the player himself. You don’t need an external voice basically telling you that suck. You need the positive reinforcement to get you through the slump and to the other side.

From what was said publicly at the time, Ham always told them to keep shooting with confidence, even when he brought them off the bench. If memory serves, both players mentioned that.

Heck, in the Denver series after D-Lo's 0 point game, Ham was asked why he was starting him and he said because he knows D-Lo will bounce back, which he did.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not in the locker room, so I don’t know whether this is happening or not.

But…

Some coaches put extra pressure on shooters by pulling them when they aren’t hitting. It is 1 thing when it is a bench guy playing 10 minutes a night. But when it is a starter and you make it know he has a short leash when his first few shots don’t fall, it absolutely can have a negative affect on player confidence.

Bad coaches will flat out tell the guy, make your shot or you are sitting. You aren’t helping us when you are missing shots. I have watched good players turn into liabilities in those conditions.

And while we all know that is true, The best coaches I know tell their shooters to shoot with confidence. They understand that even the best go through slumps and that you have to ride the bad to get to the good. They use positive reinforcement and encourage which can actually help them get through to the other side.

As a shooter myself, you feel like garbage when you aren’t hitting. It is your 1 job. And nobody is more aware than the player himself. You don’t need an external voice basically telling you that suck. You need the positive reinforcement to get you through the slump and to the other side.

On top of all that, guys like Prince and Reddish maintained larger roles than intended despite also shooting like shit. Ham had his guys and put them in roles far beyond their means. Lakers might have been better off not signing either.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,456.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20240505-094529~2.pngWe fired Ham....go ahead and fire Pelinka while we are at it. Go get Bob Meyers, he is available. Bring him in and have him hire the new HC and have him run our offseason search later this summer.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 361409We fired Ham....go ahead and fire Pelinka while we are at it. Go get Bob Meyers, he is available. Bring him in and have him hire the new HC and have him run our offseason search later this summer.
That dude has it made. Becoming a broadcaster, special consultant to an NFL team, no chance.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio they said the Lakers had the lead for 70% of all the minutes this series. Does Ham deserve any credit for this?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio they said the Lakers had the lead for 70% of all the minutes this series. Does Ham deserve any credit for this?

No. Because the the reason they lost is largely because the Nuggets would make simple adjustments in game and Ham couldn't keep up. He was a terrible in game manager.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Because the the reason they lost is largely because the Nuggets would make simple adjustments in game and Ham couldn't keep up. He was a terrible in game manager.

The apple doesn't fall far from the Budenholzer, errrrr......tree.