• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whoever designed windows 11 needs to be shot in the fucken head

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a convoluted pile of shit this thing is. I do IT and not 1 person I know in the industry likes it. Luckily I have had minimum interaction with it until now. Now all the new computers are almost solely shipping with 11 and setting this up for my customers sucks. Holy shit they took perfect 1 click changes and make it 27 step convoluted piles of clusterfuck!

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and my baby brother were just talking about this today. He's trying to decide between a new laptop or a surface tablet. I told him I would be frustrated as hell by a tablet running windows. I do 98% of my personal computer time on an Android tablet now, and I don't miss windows at all. Im still stuck with it at work though, and thats bad enough. Then we started discussing how a software company with as much resources as god and all the market share could lose so bad to a hardware manufacturer in Apple and Samsung and to what was essentially a single website in google/android? It's harder to use, less secure, and less stable. That's the Tribeca of ineptitude.

We just upgraded to 11 recently at work and it's terrible. Now they're forcing us to "upgrade" our old email system and chat program to outlook and something called Microsoft teams. Everything is 10x harder, and none of it is intuitive changes, you can't really just figure things out yourself. So we're getting all these trainings and stuff to do things that used to be easy. Plus none of the stuff is communicating or integrating with our old system. For instance I may use 8-10 or more different computers/workstations in a day. We have badges and badge readers at every one, and you used to be able to just swipe into a different computer and have it save everything. Now each time I badge into a computer I need to re-log into 3-4 different programs that I use. It's just unnecessary layers that add unnecessary frustration and increase the time it takes to do anything.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I still run Windows XP on my desktop machine.

Yeah, I’m retired
I miss xp, fo sho! But 10 has a couple quirks but I have loved it. There is literally not 1 good thing about 11 I have found. The owner of the company I work absolutely refuses to even mess with it.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
update: someone at MS has heard us. They are back to shipping brand new machines with 10 or 11 you choose. Thank goodness!

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just upgraded with a new computer to Windows 11.

Only took about 2 minutes in after the initial setup to realize how big of a piece of shit this is.

Wow.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The development process for software is the same process they use in Pharma and Biotech for developing products.

They have a boss with financial concerns, that cut corners and fire people that expose the problems.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an IT pro, the changes that were made for the sake of change are so frustrating. default apps is a nightmare, yes i want adobe as default app for pdf, now I have to click that and then also 40 other file types of pdf that are still associated with edge, FML.

Want to work on network settings of an ethernet, 10 right click adaptor options. 11, control panel, network settings properties advanced just to get to the ipv4 setup...FML the windows 11 way of ethernet options never works with their gay GUI.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer windows 10, but did not find windows 11 that bad TBH.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an IT pro, the changes that were made for the sake of change are so frustrating. default apps is a nightmare, yes i want adobe as default app for pdf, now I have to click that and then also 40 other file types of pdf that are still associated with edge, FML.

Want to work on network settings of an ethernet, 10 right click adaptor options. 11, control panel, network settings properties advanced just to get to the ipv4 setup...FML the windows 11 way of ethernet options never works with their gay GUI.
I was yelling on the phone with my IT guy, but trying to tell him I'm really just yelling at windows. Every update is frustrating. And they don't care about your business schedule.

There's so much no one except an IT guy can do. And most people certainly don't want to learn all that shit, so you are often stuck until he does it for you. Thank you for your service. :usa2:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is even worse in a split environment. GPO for windows 10 rarely works on 11. Often times you have to make a second policy.

On top of that several policies will revert unless you pay for intune. The ux is not great, but they are fucking sysadmins on limited budgets

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer windows 10, but did not find windows 11 that bad TBH.
I agree, but I do see it both ways.

Personally I've had 11 on my main rig since not long after it launched and it really doesn't bother me. Sure, there are some settings screens they made worse than 10, but how often do you really end up in settings? Even as a power user? The few times I have to make audio changes or others that now take more clicks don't move the needle much. I like some of the additions like tabbed file manager and others that may have been available in 10 with extra downloads.

As IT I can see the frustration because you are supporting end users that likely weren't very competent with 10 and the older menus that have been around forever and now they are twice as lost. Makes for more tedious non essential calls that needlessly tie up staff time.

We don't run it even now at our hospital, but we have some limited rollout and in my experience it is 90% IT folks whining about it vs standard or even power users.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man idk what you guys are talking about but I'm just pissed off that paint didn't come installed on this shit.

Lakers4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a convoluted pile of shit this thing is. I do IT and not 1 person I know in the industry likes it. Luckily I have had minimum interaction with it until now. Now all the new computers are almost solely shipping with 11 and setting this up for my customers sucks. Holy shit they took perfect 1 click changes and make it 27 step convoluted piles of clusterfuck!
Lol, Windows 10 is pretty bad as well...I am still using a really old computer because I am dreading the change. The apps like you see and use on your phone will most likely be in control if shit # 11

LyquidMetal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My initial introduction to winblows. AFAIK a fiasco.
1691241461169.jpeg

Upgraded my comp from a parts is parts with a 200 cyrix to a dell 110 with a 773 intel and went to 2000 pro.
Which was fine and also ran XP which was fine.
Vista? Bloated bogware and didn't have much to do with it till 7.
No. not this 7.
1691241668668.jpeg
Tho I wouldn\t argue if I did get that version. LOL!!!
7 ran just great.
8? WTF???
8.1. It was ok.
Then this happened.

1691241803147.jpeg

Actually I got one of the first releases of 10 and ran it on a Dell Precision with a XEON processor and have never had a problem with 10

Then came 11. It runs fine on my Lenovo ThinkStation with XEON processor but the os itself SUX. Reinstalled 10.

Whoever designs something may need to have their brain matter checked. But it's whoever ok's it and has it sent out.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they all seem to be very hard now a days as opposed to the early days of computers.