• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Transfer Portal is open for business 2023...Who have you lost? Who do you hope to gain?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall correctly, he had Ohio State high on his list when being recruited. I wonder if he goes to the Bucks?

On the other side, I wonder if this isn't just a play for more NIL money? If it is, I imagine he will announce that he has changed his mind soon.
Yeah he’s apparently got a do not contact designation in portal. so he’s decided before entering where he’s going. Sounds like tampering to me. From reports seems like it’s Oregon.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he’s apparently got a do not contact designation in portal. so he’s decided before entering where he’s going. Sounds like tampering to me. From reports seems like it’s Oregon.

No contact could mean that the player already has a list of 2 or 3 schools and doesn't want to be flooded with texts from every coach in the country. This sounds like Oregon though.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No contact could mean that the player already has a list of 2 or 3 schools and doesn't want to be flooded with texts from every coach in the country. This sounds like Oregon though.
It is part of the player game now. It is a pay to play sport with no salary cap restrictions. I don't blame the players for taking the transfer portal route for a bigger paycheck. Figure out who can still showcase you well, and get a bigger paycheck. Oregon would definitely check both those boxes.

On a side note:

If I were the governing body of college football, I'd probably implement two new rules on the transfer portal:

1) Once you enter the portal, you cannot return to your current team the next season. I think this would keep players from using the portal to get more money from their current team for them to stay. They would also need to make sure they want to jump into the portal because it would divorce them from their current team.
2) You get one entry into the transfer portal where you are immediately eligible. After that, you have to sit out a year, unless you drop to a lower division.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is part of the player game now. It is a pay to play sport with no salary cap restrictions. I don't blame the players for taking the transfer portal route for a bigger paycheck. Figure out who can still showcase you well, and get a bigger paycheck. Oregon would definitely check both those boxes.

On a side note:

If I were the governing body of college football, I'd probably implement two new rules on the transfer portal:

1) Once you enter the portal, you cannot return to your current team the next season. I think this would keep players from using the portal to get more money from their current team for them to stay. They would also need to make sure they want to jump into the portal because it would divorce them from their current team.
2) You get one entry into the transfer portal where you are immediately eligible. After that, you have to sit out a year, unless you drop to a lower division.

I doubt this particular transfer is happening because of a big NIL offer. This isn't a plug and play elite guy. He hasn't played a down in college football. He's not likely to start at Oregon. Those aren't the guys you offer big money to. He likely left Alabama because Saban left and he didn't like the new staff.

As I told you earlier, once you start implementing revenue sharing, you can create contracts which will allow you to control things like player movement. They are working towards that.

All-Star Benchwarmer

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,979.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a clip on the radio that players would be required to play post season games under a contract. If contracts become a thing, this could curb players entering the portal. I'll look around for a link. I was too busy trying not to get crushed in traffic.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the kind of player that you make a serious NIL offer to...