• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a crazy, probably stupid thought.eu

I’d cut DJ Jones and re-sign Simmons. The market seems to be pretty dry for him and having him back at a decent price to lead the D and improve the Safety room would make the team better.
I do think bringing Simmons back would be a good move - it will depend upon his market value and if the Broncos wanted to meet that.

DJ didn't perform last year, and the Broncos rather conspicuously didn't build any depth in the interior Dline. So, as usual, the Broncos are basically inviting teams to beat them by running inside. It wouldn't surprise me if Payton didn't have a plan to beef this up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think bringing Simmons back would be a good move - it will depend upon his market value and if the Broncos wanted to meet that.

DJ didn't perform last year, and the Broncos rather conspicuously didn't build any depth in the interior Dline. So, as usual, the Broncos are basically inviting teams to beat them by running inside. It wouldn't surprise me if Payton didn't have a plan to beef this up.

I would disagree. We signed Malcolm Roach who is a fantastic run stopper. One of the best in the league.

DJ had been great at it until last year. I think the staff is planning on a bounce back? He did finish the season well but started bad.

I think Simmons would like to come back he just isn't going to come back cheap.

He should just re-sign a 1 year deal. Not sure how Stidham and Tremon's deals are set up but could free a little money up with them. They signed for more then they are worth. Sure Smith is a good special teams player but if I recall (at least last year) he was paid a lot more then most special teams guys.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need at least two beefy NT in this defense so losing DJ without a plan to add to the line just wouldn't work and there really aren't good options out there at this point so I think he stays and you hope for a bounce back.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need at least two beefy NT in this defense so losing DJ without a plan to add to the line just wouldn't work and there really aren't good options out there at this point so I think he stays and you hope for a bounce back.
Is he worth 9.5 million for this year? Is it worth saving 9.97 million in cap space.

I’d say no and yes.

The way he played last year we could sign another big body to go along with Roach and likely save at least 6 million toward improving the team somewhere else.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a crazy, probably stupid thought.

I’d cut DJ Jones and re-sign Simmons. The market seems to be pretty dry for him and having him back at a decent price to lead the D and improve the Safety room would make the team better.
I'd cut almost anyone to bring back Simmons.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I about had to put my 93 Jones jersey on the bottom "past players shelf" I have. I bought it when Dre'Mont Jones had the #.. After Dre'Mont left DJ Jones switched to #93 so.. Jersey is active again!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the home style vibe the Broncos are going for in their locker room !!

;)

You may have beat Duffman out for POTM if this moment had happened before I posted it. ;)

That made me laugh.

But for real.. No way could we not give it to Duffman after the pressure we put on him this month.