• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Los Angeles Rams 2024 NFL Draft

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, ALR. It appears everyone that has an opinion all favor Fiske so we will have to wait and see if they are all right.
If they are, that is going to be a scary DL, and we may have to come up with a nickname that rivals “The Fearsome Foursome”

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times have we seen this or heard about it? What I want to know is when are the ShitferBrains twins eventually going to draft one of the top ten offensive lineman in a given draft. Once again they just ignored them altogether until the later rounds. I am calling this guy Zookie Limmer after the Clint Eastwood movie's character in The Outlaw Josie Wales.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times have we seen this or heard about it? What I want to know is when are the ShitferBrains twins eventually going to draft one of the top ten offensive lineman in a given draft. Once again they just ignored them altogether until the later rounds. I am calling this guy Zookie Limmer after the Clint Eastwood movie's character in The Outlaw Josie Wales.

I like the pick Retro.

And it’s not like the Rams didn’t just dump 100M into that OL before the draft.

They gave depth they never had before, and I’m ok with that.

The DL was way more pressing of a need, and that was even before Donald retired.

Can’t address every need in any given draft. And I much prefer Verse vs any of the OT’s that were left.

I mean, 4 OT’s had already been drafted, so you can’t want them to take the 5th OT vs the 2nd Edge. That’s just not good value.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the pick Retro.

And it’s not like the Rams didn’t just dump 100M into that OL before the draft.

They gave depth they never had before, and I’m ok with that.

The DL was way more pressing of a need, and that was even before Donald retired.

Can’t address every need in any given draft. And I much prefer Verse vs any of the OT’s that were left.

I mean, 4 OT’s had already been drafted, so you can’t want them to take the 5th OT vs the 2nd Edge. That’s just not good value.
Verse was def the right selection.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verse was def the right selection.
Agreed.

And if Verse and Fiske can replicate what they did in college at the NFL level, the Rams will have a formidable DL, which in turn will help out the secondary.

The one thing I wish they would’ve done is address LB position next to Jones.

But the Rams should have quite the rotation on that DL.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

And if Verse and Fiske can replicate what they did in college at the NFL level, the Rams will have a formidable DL, which in turn will help out the secondary.

The one thing I wish they would’ve done is address LB position next to Jones.

But the Rams should have quite the rotation on that DL.
I really liked the Verse and Fiske picks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, love the players.

Didn’t like how much they gave up.

Verse was value at 19. That 2025 2nd rounder (and 2024 5th) the Rams gave up in the trade up for Fiske? Yeah, not ideal. They paid about 230 pts for a 130 pt differential in value from 52 to 39. It did allow the Rams to keep their 3rd rounders this year (Corum and Kinchens), and a future 3rd would've been underpaying (future picks are typically valued as a mid round pick one round later on the chart). Instead of piecing together multiple picks in addition to that 5th, they gave up the 2nd. Plus, they really wanted this pairing and were apparently OK with overpaying to do so. Hope it works out.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verse was value at 19. That 2025 2nd rounder (and 2024 5th) the Rams gave up in the trade up for Fiske? Yeah, not ideal. They paid about 230 pts for a 130 pt differential in value from 52 to 39. It did allow the Rams to keep their 3rd rounders this year (Corum and Kinchens), and a future 3rd would've been underpaying (future picks are typically valued as a mid round pick one round later on the chart). Instead of piecing together multiple picks in addition to that 5th, they gave up the 2nd. Plus, they really wanted this pairing and were apparently OK with overpaying to do so. Hope it works out.
If you look at what the Eagles gave up right after the Rams move, it’s easy to see what the Rams should’ve given up.

With them wanting to keep their 3rd rounders, they should’ve at least got a 4th rounder in return.

Philly gave up (2) 2nds and swapped late round picks, but got a 3rd round pick back to move up 10 spots.

Since Carolina had an early 3rd and the Rams were moving up a further distance, the (2) 2nds ( 24 & 25 plus the 5th, and they should’ve got Carolina’s 4th in return as well. That would’ve made the trade more fair.

But nothing beats what the Vikings gave up to get Dallas Turner, and everyone is overlooking that trade because part of that trade happened before the draft.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who is running the Vikes? A ShitferBrains Twins disciple. The underlying belief between the two twins is basically "eff those picks" and it was active in this draft once again. So if the Verse and Fiske picks work-out, maybe these two dumbasses will start seeing through their ridiculous ideology surrounding the draft and get rid of it. Maybe!!

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who is running the Vikes? A ShitferBrains Twins disciple. The underlying belief between the two twins is basically "eff those picks" and it was active in this draft once again. So if the Verse and Fiske picks work-out, maybe this two dumbasses will start seeing through their ridiculous ideology surrounding the draft and get rid of it. Maybe!!

Using 1st round picks to obtain difference makers via trades or the draft are equally useful IMO.

The Vikings by all accounts were loading up to be able to chase their next QB, but then decided they didn't need to (or they wanted Jayden/Maye who weren't really attainable via trade without severe overpays). Attributing that trade value to Turner isn't really a fair evaluation IMO.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using 1st round picks to obtain difference makers via trades or the draft are equally useful IMO.

The Vikings by all accounts were loading up to be able to chase their next QB, but then decided they didn't need to (or they wanted Jayden/Maye who weren't really attainable via trade without severe overpays). Attributing that trade value to Turner isn't really a fair evaluation IMO.
Sure it is.

Although they may have done the initial trade to try and trade up for a QB, once that didn’t happen and they got McCarthy, there was no reason for them to mortgage more draft picks to get Turner.

They should’ve stayed put at 23 or traded down for more capital to help build the team around JJ.

But, they didn’t, and therefore all those picks are attributed to Turner because that’s what they paid to get him regardless what their original intentions were.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it is.

Although they may have done the initial trade to try and trade up for a QB, once that didn’t happen and they got McCarthy, there was no reason for them to mortgage more draft picks to get Turner.

They should’ve stayed put at 23 or traded down for more capital to help build the team around JJ.

But, they didn’t, and therefore all those picks are attributed to Turner because that’s what they paid to get him regardless what their original intentions were.

Only the pick itself and the capital to move up during the draft should count IMO, but OK.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the pick itself and the capital to move up during the draft should count IMO, but OK.
Why do you feel that way?

Why not count the capital to get the original pick? It’s all tied together, isn’t it?

If they didn’t make the initial trade, they either don’t end up with Turner, or they end up making the same trade all at once to get him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you feel that way?

Why not count the capital to get the original pick? It’s all tied together, isn’t it?

If they didn’t make the initial trade, they either don’t end up with Turner, or they end up making the same trade all at once to get him.

The original trade was sunken cost for a different purpose. That shouldn't be tied to Turner's value.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original trade was sunken cost for a different purpose. That shouldn't be tied to Turner's value.
But it is because the 2nd trade doesn’t happen without the first.

And, if they wanted to draft Turner without the initial trade, they would’ve needed to give up the same amount to get him.

Point is, they don’t get Turner without using all the picks.

If you use Walter Football value chart for picks, #17 is worth 950 pts.

Because the Viking gave up future picks, they are downgraded a round in value vs current draft picks( thus the 2nd valued as a mid 3rd, 4th as a mid 5th, etc ).

Viking gave up 42, 167, 188, and 2nd-4th next year.

That’s a total of 1036.2 pts, which is well within the pts range for #17.

Therefore, all those picks they gave up were needed to acquire Turner regardless of their intension in acquiring the 23rd pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the calculations are off here.

The Vikings traded #42 (480), 167 (24.6), 188 (16.2), 2025 2nd (2024 mid 3rd = 190), 2025 3rd (2024 mid 4th = 62), and a 2025 4th (2024 mid 5th = 31) for a total of 803 pts.

#