• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Ravens vs. Bengals

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is, Chase has more speed than Jefferson does, how is Jefferson getting open so much when everyone and their brother knows the Vikings are throwing to him 10+ times a game? They have got to look at the Vikings routes for Jefferson and try to make some adjustments to their game plan to implement similar routes/protections.

I think Burrow is playing a little scared right now, and it shows with the look of his body language, a real sense of urgency to get rid of the ball so he doesn't get hit. I think overall the offense looked a lot better, but once again, preseason game 3 upcoming this week against the Rams. Once preseason game 3 is over, I fully expect them to start playing better if Burrow isn't injured too badly.

If he is, I think we can do alright with Jake Browning. He will be no good Joe Burrow, but I think he can manage with this much talent around him still if they can block for him and push the ball down the field a bit for 10-15 yard throws. Browning will not throw near as good of an out route as Burrow, so we are going to have to play over the middle more. Keep the routes in front of Browning and make sure he has a better vision over the field.
Well, one reason is that with Chase running deeper routes, and Burrow getting rid of the ball on an average of roughly 2.5 seconds...there just isn't the time needed for those deep routes to develop.

This is one area where, IMO, pre-season would have helped even without Burrow...why? Because it's the pressure being allowed by the OL. I have no idea what the numbers are, but my eyes are telling me...this line is still struggling with pass-pro. Williams at RT hasn't been great. Brown at LT has been OK - but still a ton of pressure up the middle. This line is not as good as it would have suggested on paper last year, and then this year, with the additions.