• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NL East smack talk

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t believe people were critical of the Phillies signing him to that deal.

The only real concerns at the time (IMO) were his injury history and his up and down seasons. The injuries have still been an issue, but he's been more consistent at the plate in Philly. 2019 was his worst season (124 wRC+), but he's had a wRC+ of 139 or higher every year since.

I feel like he's pretty close to being a HOFer. I'd like to see a few more AS caliber seasons, get to at least 60 WAR (he's at 48.4 per FanGraphs). The rate stats are certainly HOF caliber right now IMO, just needs to improve his counting stats and not fall off a cliff

I think the contract has been a slight overpay, but that's more because of injuries than performance. He's been an elite hitter in Philly (149 OPS+ with you guys), he's been awesome in the postseason and he's the face of a franchise turnaround. I think the Phillies were right in making that contract thus far.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real concerns at the time (IMO) were his injury history and his up and down seasons. The injuries have still been an issue, but he's been more consistent at the plate in Philly. 2019 was his worst season (124 wRC+), but he's had a wRC+ of 139 or higher every year since.

I feel like he's pretty close to being a HOFer. I'd like to see a few more AS caliber seasons, get to at least 60 WAR (he's at 48.4 per FanGraphs). The rate stats are certainly HOF caliber right now IMO, just needs to improve his counting stats and not fall off a cliff

I think the contract has been a slight overpay, but that's more because of injuries than performance. He's been an elite hitter in Philly (149 OPS+ with you guys), he's been awesome in the postseason and he's the face of a franchise turnaround. I think the Phillies were right in making that contract thus far.
I’m talking about the fact that it’s paid for itself. They had close to 40k in attendance on a Tuesday night in May before school is over. That’s crazy. In 2019 the Phils were in a 7-8 year drought from a playoffs and people really weren’t coming out anymore. New tv contract negotiation was on the horizon. Hes not solely responsible but he is the face and he’s the signing that got people excited again about the Phillies.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bravos get a much needed win, 4-2 over the Red Sox, Ozuna with a clutch go ahead base hit in the 8th.