• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings at Columbus Blue Jackets 1/21/14 | 7:00pm

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Murray +2 on the night thus far - Oilers could use a guy like him. What's that? They could have taken him instead of Yakupov? Oh yeah.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Murray +2 on the night thus far - Oilers could use a guy like him. What's that? They could have taken him instead of Yakupov? Oh yeah.

It never gets old.

I can't wait to find the gif of his homerun pass to Johansen. It was EPIC.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RipeLikableCirriped.gif

Whoop, there it is.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to say about the Kings right now - they're not a good team - this team is one and done in the playoffs(assuming they don't completely choke) unless they really shake things up and trade a significant player - at this point, I'm all for doing it if means this team wakes up - and honestly, it sounds crazy, but I wouldn't be opposed to an alteration of the coaching staff - whatever it takes for this team to get back on track it needs to be done - they're not winning anything significant with the current group they have - too many defensive defensemen who don't show up enough(Willie Mitchell, Robyn Regehr and Matt Greene), a bunch of forwards who can't score(Trevor Lewis, Kyle Clifford, Jordan Nolan, Colin Fraser, Matt Frattin) and a bunch of key players who aren't scoring either(like Dustin Brown and even Anze Kopitar) - this team held on to some players too long instead of evolving and trying to improve - keeping the same roster was good only for the shortened season but after that they needed to make a move to improve this team - I think someone significant might be moved at this point, there are some guys that you think are untouchable that aren't

I'm sick of this team playing uptight because Darryl Sutter's system is for winning games 1-0 and 2-1 - it's way too much of a grind - it kills the players

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first game I've really watched the Kings this year, Cobie and I thought that they came out hard and tried to bowl the Jackets over. But when the Jackets pushed back, they just kinda dropped it.

Then they came out in the second hard and when the Jackets pushed it, they kind of backed off again. Didn't know if that was a result of the tough road stretch or what. But when the Jackets turned up the pressure, the Kings just didn't keep up.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ARTY PARTY
5-2 Jackets

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Seven!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first game I've really watched the Kings this year, Cobie and I thought that they came out hard and tried to bowl the Jackets over. But when the Jackets pushed back, they just kinda dropped it.

Then they came out in the second hard and when the Jackets pushed it, they kind of backed off again. Didn't know if that was a result of the tough road stretch or what. But when the Jackets turned up the pressure, the Kings just didn't keep up.

Kings are just a shell of themselves, it's hard to watch - they don't have the horses to keep up with teams - they can have a really good stretch during a Hockey game and then just fall off and start making mistakes and now all of a sudden they're just really slow

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope this is a gut check for the Kings
Hope they win Thursday
They must win Saturday. Outdoor game is going to be made fun of as it is. If the Kings don't show up I will have to wear a bag on Monday at work

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings are just a shell of themselves, it's hard to watch - they don't have the horses to keep up with teams - they can have a really good stretch during a Hockey game and then just fall off and start making mistakes and now all of a sudden they're just really slow

The Jackets have some surprising speed, so I wasn't sure if the what appeared to be a big disparity was the Jackets with extra jump or if the Kings really slowed down. Maybe both.

And the Kings are big, so I was kind of surprised at how much the Jackets were able to drive the net. RyJo and Arty's goals specifically.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the dog days of a compressed schedule and guys are looking forward to the upcoming Olympic break. I wouldn't read too much into some sketchy games over the next couple of weeks.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the dog days of a compressed schedule and guys are looking forward to the upcoming Olympic break. I wouldn't read too much into some sketchy games over the next couple of weeks.

And I thought it would be BlueWolf who would wander in and nut punch me over the run the Jackets are on.

:suds:

J/K dash

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - I should have probably posted that in the Ongoing thread, but my goal is to talk Cobie in from off the ledge.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - I should have probably posted that in the Ongoing thread, but my goal is to talk Cobie in from off the ledge.

All in all, I don't think the Kings showed badly. They just looked tired, and you can imagine why. The Jackets have a kind of swagger right now, and they believe that they will win every time they step on the ice. As much as some people like to beat them down, it's a damn good hockey team that can make other damn good hockey teams look rough on any given night.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kings and ducks are worried about playing in swim trunks

theScore ‏@theScore ·2 mins
Ryan Getzlaf admitted that the Ducks are distracted by Saturday's outdoor game against the Los Angeles Kings.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coiler brigade on twitter last night were saying they have had scouts watching Jack Johnson for a while now ... things might get even better for cbj

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coiler brigade on twitter last night were saying they have had scouts watching Jack Johnson for a while now ... things might get even better for cbj

Rimer was saying that he had a nice long talk with Craig MacTavish who was in town to watch the game. MacT was apparently gushing over the player that Johansen has become. Rimer said "Yes, he's is going to be a great captain here in five years."

There are probably only really two guys available right now; Umberger (NTC) and Gaborik. Skille, Comeau, Boll are all hurt, but obviously unnecessary.

They can have Johnson for RNH and Eberle. And two first round picks. We'll even "throw in" a Jersey.