• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Koppen carted off

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any idea how far away "Kuper" and "healthy" are from colliding in the same sentence?

I have heard mid August is the target date. Sometime between second and third preseason game

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. That would be great to get him back and healthy.

I'm just hoping that when they say he is healthy that he actually is this time. They tried way too hard to bring him back before they should have last year. They should have just stuck him on IR and ran with Ramirez. I guess the one good thing about his injury is it did give Ramirez game time experience to be ready to start hopefully this year. Maybe playing Center and having Manning telling him every play where he is supposed to be looking and what he is supposed to be doing will help him with his pass blocking ability. I will say having him start at Center should help the run game up the middle as he was a lot better run blocking than Koppen last year.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it appears we're talking to Ryan Lilja:

Ryan Lilja contacted by lineman-needy Denver Broncos - NFL.com

I'm thinking Denver's not sold on Ramirez being a starting Center either. Ramirez is nothing more than a backup/stopgap anyway.

That piece says that Walton is out for the season. First I've seen that reported. I think the DP reported a couple of days ago that he's expected back by around late October to early November. Either way, the prospect of signing Lilja seems pretty underwhelming. Not only is he not a C, but he has been hurt and he's retired.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That piece says that Walton is out for the season. First I've seen that reported. I think the DP reported a couple of days ago that he's expected back by around late October to early November. Either way, the prospect of signing Lilja seems pretty underwhelming. Not only is he not a C, but he has been hurt and he's retired.
I saw that, and from what I've read it's all speculation on when Walton will return. I think there's a possibility he could be gone for the season, but that the main thought is he'd be back by late October early November still.

Could also be laziness on the part of the writer assuming he's done for the season rather than actually researching that.