• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL GRADE MY DRAFT! 14-Team PPR League

Grade My Draft

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

• D/F

• Total voters

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PPR league, drafting from the 9th spot...

Lineup roster: QB, RB, WR, WR, Flex, Flex, D, K
Bench slots: 5
IR slots: 2

QB: Lawrence (4), Pickett (12)
RB: Pollard (1), A Jones (3), Mostert (8)
WR: D Adams (2), D Johnson 5), C Kirk (6), J Williams (10)
TE: Hockenson (7), Engram (11)
D: Eagles
K: Sanders

With 14-team leagues you get some different lineups & shorter benches to help boost the waiver pool. We voted to get rid of 1 RB spot & the TE spot, and add 1 additional flex. Also voted to shorten the bench from 7 to 5 spots.

QB... 6 QBs went before me. 5 of those before the 4th rd. I got spurned by waiting last year so I didn't take any risks. May regret this, but I chose T-Law over Fields.

RB... I was geeked to land Pollard at #9 overall. Easiest pick I made in this draft. Also stoked to land a top WR & still get Jones in the 3rd. Mostert is risky, but luckily we only need to start 1 RB all season long. And with a smaller bench, I didn't feel the need to grab a 4th given the talent at WR & TE was better used for this league.

WR... Tried to target high volume guys. I think Jimmy G loves his slot guys so Adams should eat. DJ is always heavily targeted. Looked at Kirk as a combo meal with T-Law. Williams being available late was a good dart throw even with the suspension. Should be able to ride my top 3 with a combination of RB or TE in my lineups until he's ready to go.

TE... Why draft 2 TEs when the position was removed? Well in PPR these dudes still have great value. And Engram in the 11th over some other WR3/WR4 based on targets alone is an easy decision.

D... Philly as the 5th D taken off the board? Yes please.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to grade too much without having an idea of who all was there, but face value, I'd say not bad.

I wouldn't have taken a second TE in that format, likely taken a 4th RB (especially with oft-injured Mostert on the roster) or a 5th WR.

I think the 4th is too high for Lawrence, but not like crazily high. If you're high on him, that's probably where you'd have to take him. It's just that I personally am not. I like him, just not THAT much.

Just to touch on your thoughts...Pollard in the first is insane imho. He hasn't proven he can be THE guy, and that's just crazy high for me. He's easily on my blacklist for redrafts- the cost leaves next to zero room for return on investment, he'll have to outperform to make it worth the cost. And Mostert..by the time you need him, will he even be active? I'd bet no.

Adams..well yes JimmyG does love his slot guys, but Adams isn't the slot guy, that's Hunter Renfrow and/or J. Meyers, whichever one isnt lined up in the outside opposite Adams (they both suck as outside WR's though, so i dunno what McD's is thinking, but it aint Adams on the inside)- regardless, I still can't imagine Adams not having 100 receptions no matter where he lines up

Philly D ...who the heck took 4 defenses b4 the Eggles?? That's just dumb. Nice snag.

I know I just lit up some of the calls, but, still, good roster overall, just not one I would draft. But, I sure don't win every time, so probably perfectly fine :)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the insight Treff, as always! I can always count on you to bring me back down to earth :D

2nd TE... Like I said, at that point it was all WR3's & WR4's with upside. I'd rather take a 2nd TE with higher floor for volume than a player that likely ends up on waivers anyway. Engram is a top 100 PPR guy (barely).

Lawrence... Yea a bit of a reach there. Like I said, I got PTSD by waiting last year on QBs. I'm higher on Lawrence than most.

Pollard... I have high hopes for him. Obviously not really backed by a lot, but the path is there for a big year. With Zeke gone he should really start to get volume. Hope he holds up.

Adams... Maybe its just my outside perspective, but it always seems like his highlights are between the hashes. Admittedly, I didn't watch him a lot last year.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the insight Treff, as always! I can always count on you to bring me back down to earth :D

2nd TE... Like I said, at that point it was all WR3's & WR4's with upside. I'd rather take a 2nd TE with higher floor for volume than a player that likely ends up on waivers anyway. Engram is a top 100 PPR guy (barely).

Lawrence... Yea a bit of a reach there. Like I said, I got PTSD by waiting last year on QBs. I'm higher on Lawrence than most.

Pollard... I have high hopes for him. Obviously not really backed by a lot, but the path is there for a big year. With Zeke gone he should really start to get volume. Hope he holds up.

Adams... Maybe its just my outside perspective, but it always seems like his highlights are between the hashes. Admittedly, I didn't watch him a lot last year.
RE: Adams...well he ain't exactly static on the outside, they'll certainly move him around, and he may very well be lined up in the slot any given moment. Especially if they'rehaving problems with a defense bracketing him. It's just that that won't be his 'designated position', if for no other reason than that there are no other viable outside receivers.