• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G79 41-26-11 Kings vs Flames 4/11/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of looking at the standings and the Kings really have lost a ton of games in OT/SO. 11 of those losses. If they win a few of those their record is actually looking a ton better. Works for them that the gimmicky stuff won't exist in the playoffs.

Kings have the most OT/SOL of any of the west 8 (11), next closest is Dallas and Vancouver with 9 each but theybhave far fewer losses at 21 and 22 (Kings 26).

My point: these teams are winning games in regulation, my perspective is the Kings have gotten a lot of loser points which puts them as the least point total of the PO bound teams.

Without the SO in the POs, the Kings will really need to focus on winning in regulation and nor even risking OT considering how crappy their record there has been.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas could be that shot LA needs in the PO, hope he continues this trajectory

I thought he would be a career AHLer, he looks perfectly fine in the NHL. Wasn't expecting much from him in LA but I really like what I'm seeing from him. He's very intelligent from what I'm seeing, isn't afraid to go to the net and plays a solid 200' game.

I honestly believe this is what they envisioned from Turcotte but even when healthy I haven't seen much from him to tell me anything except if he even stays in the NHL he will be B6 forward, closer to a B3 player. There just isn't anything I'm seeing from him that he can be successful in a T6 or even a T9 role.

Not exactly good usage of a 5OA, those guys are meant to be franchise players.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have the most OT/SOL of any of the west 8 (11), next closest is Dallas and Vancouver with 9 each but theybhave far fewer losses at 21 and 22 (Kings 26).

My point: these teams are winning games in regulation, my perspective is the Kings have gotten a lot of loser points which puts them as the least point total of the PO bound teams.

Without the SO in the POs, the Kings will really need to focus on winning in regulation and nor even risking OT considering how crappy their record there has been.

Im not as worried about PO OT, i think LA would actually be good in a normal 5 v 5 OT

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately they just showed a list of kings that have three goals in first five games....Thomas is fucked, That was quite a list of Uninspiring

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately they just showed a list of kings that have three goals in first five games....Thomas is fucked, That was quite a list of Uninspiring

Saw that, Brian Boyle the last one in 2006. Yikes.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Englund with the breakaway lol, Nice try dude nice try

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of times. Still way too cute with plays. Happened when Moore tried to make an extra pass on the PP. Then Englund on the 2 on 1. Gotta get the shot there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it. Kings have struggled against Calgary but came to play I felt.

Standings are all over the map. Really feels like Edmonton could catch Vancouver, especially since they play each other in a few days. Vegas has dropped a few too, so that effects things. Just would rather not play Edmonton or Dallas as we all know.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings at the 3 and Vancouver at the 2 feels very possible. Kings also dropping to WC1 means they could just as easily play Edmonton or Vancouver anyway.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarret Stoll's get up always cracks me up, he looks like a 7th grade math teacher with the plaid shirts and V neck sweaters.

Buster completely MIA again. Not sure what's going on with this guy. Anyone else and he's getting benched (see Retardy, Arty).

He's not even effective as a puck hound anymore, seems like he's hit a professional wall.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarret Stoll's get up always cracks me up, he looks like a 7th grade math teacher with the plaid shirts and V neck sweaters.

Buster completely MIA again. Not sure what's going on with this guy. Anyone else and he's getting benched (see Retardy, Arty).

He's not even effective as a puck hound anymore, seems like he's hit a professional wall.

Have to be fair and call out Byfield as much as I've defended him in the past. Yes, he's been MIA and the "little things he does" don't count in the playoffs. That's not what his roll is. Lewis is the type of player that you rely on to do the little things.

Having said that I was happy to see him push back on two Flames players in the scrum that happened in front of the Flames net. He needs to have more of that physical edge and push back.

But yeah get going dude