• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft: The Wide Receiver Class

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why the Chiefs traded up because I think Coleman, Legette, and Polk all seem to fit in pretty closely to how they plan on using Rashee Rice. I'd imagine Rice is still in the long-term plans for the team pending his legal issues.

The Chargers are obviously trying to bring a more physical brand and while McConkey doesn't fit that mold at all, he was a super efficient receiver in college who worked basically as a #2 option in a run heavy offense. Coleman probably also fits in with the Bills getting more physical.

Could be interesting moving forward with KC and the Bengals likely still trying to push for the big play and Chargers and Bills maybe going more balanced.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why the Chiefs traded up because I think Coleman, Legette, and Polk all seem to fit in pretty closely to how they plan on using Rashee Rice. I'd imagine Rice is still in the long-term plans for the team pending his legal issues.

The Chargers are obviously trying to bring a more physical brand and while McConkey doesn't fit that mold at all, he was a super efficient receiver in college who worked basically as a #2 option in a run heavy offense. Coleman probably also fits in with the Bills getting more physical.

Could be interesting moving forward with KC and the Bengals likely still trying to push for the big play and Chargers and Bills maybe going more balanced.

Chargers are a tough read with so many weapons gone and not knowing how much Harbaugh is going to change.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers are a tough read with so many weapons gone and not knowing how much Harbaugh is going to change.
I suspect they'll finish 3rd place next year before bouncing back. Their ceiling is really high if everyone stays healthy and Harbaugh makes a difference. The floor is really low, though.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs: Really like the Worthy pick for Chiefs. Should be able to rotate in for both deep-threat Hollywood Brown role and gadget WR Kadaruis Toney role when ever for this season. And be able to fill those roles long term as both Brown and Toney are on their last year in their contracts. :clap:

Chargers: McConkey is a nice younger, cheaper replacement for the Keenan Allen role + they still grabbed Joe Alt at #5. :thumb::thumb:

Bengals: Chase + Higgins + Burton just maybe the best trio for at least a year. Burton has WR2 upside and would make it easier to move on from Higgins if he pans out. Now if Burrow can stay healthy :pray:

Bills: If it was me, I would have just got a more explosive Legette at #32 over Coleman but that's just me :noidea:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs: Really like the Worthy pick for Chiefs. Should be able to rotate in for both deep-threat Hollywood Brown role and gadget WR Kadaruis Toney role when ever for this season. And be able to fill those roles long term as both Brown and Toney are on their last year in their contracts. :clap:
If I had to guess, the plan was to get back to a Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins kind of set up with the roles and then have 12 personnel (2 TEs, 1 RB) a lot.

Hollywood Brown likely used like Tyreek Hill. Rotate in Worthy to keep the legs fresh and have him learn the ropes and then after year 1 have him take over that role.

Rashee Rice is likely the Sammy Watkins spot. Still that Yac potential but maybe more of a downfield threat moving forward. If/when Rice misses some time, Justin Watson is likely in that spot.

Jawaan Taylor kinda sucks at run blocking and Im not sure if the Chiefs have a good plan at LT so I think 2 TE sets will mitigate this issue in the run game. So the Chiefs offense will likely still have some issues while being efficient, I think.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to guess, the plan was to get back to a Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins kind of set up with the roles and then have 12 personnel (2 TEs, 1 RB) a lot.

Hollywood Brown likely used like Tyreek Hill. Rotate in Worthy to keep the legs fresh and have him learn the ropes and then after year 1 have him take over that role.

Rashee Rice is likely the Sammy Watkins spot. Still that Yac potential but maybe more of a downfield threat moving forward. If/when Rice misses some time, Justin Watson is likely in that spot.

Jawaan Taylor kinda sucks at run blocking and Im not sure if the Chiefs have a good plan at LT so I think 2 TE sets will mitigate this issue in the run game. So the Chiefs offense will likely still have some issues while being efficient, I think.
Translation: The god damned Chiefs have a really good chance at pulling off the trifecta.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: The god damned Chiefs have a really good chance at pulling off the trifecta.
I think there are four or five better rosters but the Chiefs have the pieces to put things together again for sure just because they have so much playoff experience that they'll capitalize on any error in the playoffs.

That said, they can't stack the box on D like they did against the Ravens and Bills in the playoffs because I dont think they have a 2nd lockdown CB. So their offense has to be better

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are four or five better rosters but the Chiefs have the pieces to put things together again for sure just because they have so much playoff experience that they'll capitalize on any error in the playoffs.

That said, they can't stack the box on D like they did against the Ravens and Bills in the playoffs because I dont think they have a 2nd lockdown CB. So their offense has to be better
The Chiefs didn't have the best roster last year either - maybe 4th or 5th at best. Yet they were the best team when it mattered. All they need is to make it to the postseason and they automaticlly become the most dangerous team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs didn't have the best roster last year either - maybe 4th or 5th at best. Yet they were the best team when it mattered. All they need is to make it to the postseason and they automaticlly become the most dangerous team.
Maybe I'm a bit biased but the Ravens are the only team that had a better roster last year imo

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm a bit biased but the Ravens are the only team that had a better roster last year imo
I thought the Niners, Cowboys, even the Bills also had better rosters.....on paper. But they play the games on the field. That's where your Chiefs separate themselves.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Niners, Cowboys, even the Bills also had better rosters.....on paper. But they play the games on the field. That's where your Chiefs separate themselves.
The evaluation of the Chiefs talent level swings pretty wildly depending on whether or not Rice or MVS catches the ball and keeping Toney off the field.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bills after their injuries weren't close IMO. Healthy maybe.