• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft discussion thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just anecdotally - I think Elway started off pretty good in making staffing and player talent decisions. I like to blame his marriage to the Raider's cheerleader, but probably you can date his fall back to Elway's dad's death as a time when he started hitting the sauce way too much and mailing it in as a GM.

I mean I will never consider Elway a complete failure as a GM... He brought us a Super Bowl as a GM. People can say it was that one Manning move that opened the door for good things to come our way but hey, the guy won a SB as a GM.

It was beyond time for him to go after the Manning era though. ;)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I will never consider Elway a complete failure as a GM... He brought us a Super Bowl as a GM. People can say it was that one Manning move that opened the door for good things to come our way but hey, the guy won a SB as a GM.

It was beyond time for him to go after the Manning era though. ;)
Elway delivered 5 straight playoff seasons after taking over the organization. Two of which led to super bowls and of course, one led to a Super Bowl win.

I get it: Elway ran outta steam after Manning. Really after Kubiak because that 2016 team was still halfway decent.

The Broncos have 8 Super Bowl appearances and Elway has his signature on 7 of them, including all 3 wins. I refuse to drag his name through the mud. Without Elway this franchise is on the level of the Houston Texans.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway delivered 5 straight playoff seasons after taking over the organization. Two of which led to super bowls and one, of course, one led to a Super Bowl win.

I get it: Elway ran outta steam after Manning. Really after Kubiak because that 2016 team was still halfway decent.

The Broncos have 8 Super Bowl appearances and Elway has his signature on 7 of them, including all 3 wins. I refuse to drag his name through the mud. Without Elway this franchise is on the level of the Houston Texans.

Right on brotha....

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to make a point that last year we had 401 posts on the 2023 NFL Draft Discussion Thread. This year over 1,000

What a difference having a 1st round pick makes and last year we didn't have a pick until Rd 3 (ended up trading into Rd 2)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to make a point that last year we had 401 posts on the 2023 NFL Draft Discussion Thread. This year over 1,000

What a difference having a 1st round pick makes and last year we didn't have a pick until Rd 3 (ended up trading into Rd 2)
Between that and not being saddled with a QB who isn't a fit, despite still having his contract weigh in on this team for the next 2 seasons. It really did feel like a completely different draft this year.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway delivered 5 straight playoff seasons after taking over the organization. Two of which led to super bowls and of course, one led to a Super Bowl win.

Amen. This is the truth and people who constantly bang on Elway don't appreciate that he was one of the constants to 7 SB appearances and 3 wins.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 RB's I love next year assuming all 3 declare.

Ollie Gordon, Oklahoma State
Omarion Hampton, North Carolina
Damien Martinez, Miami
Trevor Etienne, Georgia

Few others to watch for

Montrell Johnson, Florida
DJ Giddens, Kansas State
Pat Mafah, Clemson

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooops posted that in the wrong thread.

One other thing to keep in mind.

Eyioma Uwazurike comes off suspension this year. Should be reinstated right before PS starts. Think he was suspended July 25th last year if my memory serves me right or at least around that time maybe a little earlier then July 25. Didn't flash a lot as a rookie and now has been out for an entire year but hopefully has grown as a person and player since the last time we saw him on the field.