• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure you guys read the general NFL forum here, so you know how we are being categorized as a dysfunctional team, from top to bottom.

Maye will bust because the Pats are throwing him to the wolves, and all that good stuff. I love the irony, but maybe things will work out.

We’ve all talked about it taking 1-3 years to get the team competing again. Well, no problem team, here are some of your fans. Make us love you.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats have to rebuild deep,
And that’s been happening for some time,
So much time and twiddle their thumbs,
Looking for answers that take time.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm optomistic we aren't going to be as bad as the last couple seasons.

1. We or anyone else don't know what this team will look like come the season start.

2. The D is solid and no one is giving them credit.

3. A good amount of players are on record as saying they would run thru a wall for Mayo. That can't be measured by some stats.

4. Early reports show them having fun. Commraderie plays a big part in winning franchises.

5. The teams that everyone is raving about are one or two key injuries away from being 9-8,, 8-9.

I am nervous about the Oline but let's get thru camp and see what happens. Chill people maybe this new coaching staff and new players surprise us.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure you guys read the general NFL forum here, so you know how we are being categorized as a dysfunctional team, from top to bottom.

Maye will bust because the Pats are throwing him to the wolves, and all that good stuff. I love the irony, but maybe things will work out.

We’ve all talked about it taking 1-3 years to get the team competing again. Well, no problem team, here are some of your fans. Make us love you.
My response to that "conclusion" - yawn

Parcels has a great line about a team identity. He was asked to judge his team and he refused with this response. "You are what your record says you are". At it's core It's a humbling statement, you don't read into your strengths and weaknesses and project who you should be or could be. You are only what you prove you are and nothing else.

This team will determine what it is on the field next year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we are being categorized as a dysfunctional team, from top to bottom.
Odd isn't it? For 20 years they were the most copied as well as most vilified NFL team.

Everyone hated them, yet everyone wanted to be them.

Now that they've spiraled downward, they're dysfunctional.

Amazing how many "experts" have never played football at any level. Saw a stat about three years ago that 80% of sports media have never played the sport that they are making a career of reporting about. Across the board from Hockey to Baseball. One must also assume that they have never worked in a professional sports front office either.

As far as functionality goes, no team has played as a unit in NFL 2024. Mini camps and OTAs have not opened. Boston media is already talking about not having a LT and who was missed in the 2024 draft. Patriots, as I type have thirteen people who have played OT. I think that among them, there is a starting left tackle who can hold his own in the NFL. Might not be the best or an All-Pro, but will be satisfactory and allow the QB to stand upright.

I'm looking forward to August and the preseason.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions are like assholes. Most people have one. I tend to be optimistic this time of year. It is clear to me that haters are enjoying the Patriots cycling down. How will they feel when the cycle turns upward? They will still hate us! I ignore them…..

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions are like assholes. Most people have one. I tend to be optimistic this time of year. It is clear to me that haters are enjoying the Patriots cycling down. How will they feel when the cycle turns upward? They will still hate us! I ignore them…..
While it's true that opinions are like assholes and all, but most of the drivel is simply assholes pumping out shit laden statements that follow an agenda and not actual opinions.