• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Offseason moves

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree....Bum/Heston/Leake/Peavy/Cain isn't a championship rotation IMO. I would be wrong if Heston turns out to be a #1/#2 pitcher, but is that realistic? No one else in that rotation has the possibility of being that in 2016
While I agree that we need an additional #1/#2, we do have a number of potential assets who could help by mid-season. Stratton may be #2/#3, and MAY be ready out of the gate, and Beede is a potential #2/#3 who could be ready by mid-season.

That ignores guys like Blach, Blackburn, Biagini, etc who could step up as well, a la Heston.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that we need an additional #1/#2, we do have a number of potential assets who could help by mid-season. Stratton may be #2/#3, and MAY be ready out of the gate, and Beede is a potential #2/#3 who could be ready by mid-season.

That ignores guys like Blach, Blackburn, Biagini, etc who could step up as well, a la Heston.

In the AZL, I am liking what I have seen of Grant Watson, a 22 y/o from UCLA. He is a ways away, but SSS, so far so good.

22 IP

18 H

2 ER

3 BB

25 K

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22 yo in the AZL means that his numbers should basically be disregarded. I prefer to see good numbers than bad, but the AZL is really just glorified scrimmages, and an older kid working there SHOULD dominate.

However, if an 18 yo kid were putting up those numbers, a bit of excitement would be warranted. Similarly, numbers in the DSL should basically be ignored for anyone 20 yo or older. If a 16 or 17 yo dominates, THEN you take notice.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree....Bum/Heston/Leake/Peavy/Cain isn't a championship rotation IMO. I would be wrong if Heston turns out to be a #1/#2 pitcher, but is that realistic? No one else in that rotation has the possibility of being that in 2016

I am amazed that nobody thinks Cain will be a #1/#2 in the future. Yes, he didn't pitch after mid-July last year. Yes, he's sucked this year. He had a fooking operation! I believe he'll be better next year than this year. MadBum/Cain/Leake has at least one #1, at least one #2 and maybe a #3. That leaves Heston. So yes, I think that Bum/Heston/Leake/Peavy/Cain could be a championship rotation.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am amazed that nobody thinks Cain will be a #1/#2 in the future. Yes, he didn't pitch after mid-July last year. Yes, he's sucked this year. He had a fooking operation! I believe he'll be better next year than this year. MadBum/Cain/Leake has at least one #1, at least one #2 and maybe a #3. That leaves Heston. So yes, I think that Bum/Heston/Leake/Peavy/Cain could be a championship rotation.
I dont necessarily share your optimism, but it is certainly possible, and I HOPE you are correct in your expectations.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well obviously if Cain goes back to being a 1/2 Horse we're set. I wish I was as sure of it as you are....wrong side of 30, injured, not showing anything so far

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well obviously if Cain goes back to being a 1/2 Horse we're set. I wish I was as sure of it as you are....wrong side of 30, injured, not showing anything so far
I'd love to see the Cain of old but he didn't look that great before the surgery (granted, that may have been because of the injury, but then, wouldn't the fix make for better performance?)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, does anyone on our team except Heston have even a chance to do what Bum did tonight? We just need 1 more dude like that. Easy to type of course...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, does anyone on our team except Heston have even a chance to do what Bum did tonight? We just need 1 more dude like that. Easy to type of course...
By reputation, Leake has that possibility...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think with a full and healthy offseason, Cain will be better than he's showing now. He hasn't had a healthy offseason since after 2012. It will be good for him to be able to prepare for a season like normal.

I doubt his days of Co-Ace are coming back though.