• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015-16 The Kansas City Chiefs Thread

How Far Will the Kansas City Chiefs Go in 2015?

• Win the Super Bowl.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the Super Bowl.

• Lose in the AFCC.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As explained in the Team-by-Team Thread, I am planning on making a thread every four days for a different team. The first few posts will be questions, requests for predictions, etc. There will be a poll unless I don't feel like making one. Some teams are less interesting than others. Please participate in posting articles, predictions, etc.

Last Year: The Kansas City Chiefs Thread

This Year So Far:

1. The New England Patriots Thread
2. The Seattle Seahawks Thread
3. The Indianapolis Colts Thread
4. The Green Bay Packers Thread
5. The Baltimore Ravens Thread
6. The Carolina Panthers Thread
7. The Denver Broncos Thread
8. The Dallas Cowboys Thread
9. The Pittsburgh Steelers Thread
10. The Detroit Lions Thread
11. The Cincinnati Bengals Thread
12. The Arizona Cardinals Thread
13. The Philadelphia Eagles Thread
14. The Kansas City Chiefs Thread

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked lose in the wild card round, was thinking maybe miss the playoffs, but I think they just make it in.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the same way Harold does on this one. Good luck KC

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's potential to do damage if they improve on last year's roster, particularly on offense.

They were 12th in PPD, 7th in PPDA, and top 5 in ST's. One would think the return of DeVito and Derrick Johnson can make the run defense a little better, and I have been skeptical about the repeatability of turnovers year to year- regression seems likely in the Chiefs favor in the takeaway margin given they were bottom 5 in takeaways. Those two things make me think the defense can make the jump to unquestionably a top 5 PPDA defense in 2015.

Special teams hasn't really changed much from last year, yet. So I am going to go ho hum as 2014 was consistent with 2013 as well. I do have to say I wonder about the Sophomore kicker with the new extra point rules. That could change my calculus significantly if Santos is a noticeable problem with the new rules.

Offense will be the stickler with this team's contention chances, particularly O-line and Wide Receiver. O-line doesn't really have a ton of upside. Could maybe be average, but more likely it should be below average. It's relying on everyone to turn the corner, and really, when I see 4 guys needing to take the next step in order for something to happen, that's a bad sign.

My guess is this will be the lineup to start the season:

Fisher-Grubbs-Kush-Fulton-Allen with Fanaika being an extra tackle when needed for run downs.

The Wide Receivers seem much more promising just for the fact they aren't last year's WR's. A low bar, but probably accurate in this case. It's all new and their fits are somewhat all questions from Maclin to Chris Conley. There should be a solid camp battle for the Y between Albert Wilson and De'Anthony Thomas. It's a unit that has essentially proven absolutely nothing outside of SSS's and maybe Maclin up to a point of being well above average.

My guess is this will be how it starts off:

Z: Maclin
X: Conley
Y: Wilson

If nothing else, this group is notable for speed. Wilson, Maclin, Thomas, and Conley are all timed to be in the 4.4's or 4.3's, so that could be an interesting dynamic going forward. As I said though, this group is so blatantly unproven that it's useless as to predict the quality thereof.

I definitely believe there's a pretty high ceiling with this team, but there are some big questions that need to be answered before anyone displaying any sense of caution to buy-in. After all, the last time this team won a playoff game was against the Houston Oilers.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver coughs up a hairball, anything could happen in this division.....

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, would like more than 6 votes here, if possible.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. 21 Hours to vote.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another fail... I should stop predicting Reid's O-line lineup.

Looks like Stephenson-Grubbs-Morse-LDT-Fisher

That look from Center to RT looks very suspect especially LDT being in there. If the Chiefs hope to do better than last year to me it depends on how the OL steps up. They need Fischer to become something more than just a bust.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That look from Center to RT looks very suspect especially LDT being in there. If the Chiefs hope to do better than last year to me it depends on how the OL steps up. They need Fischer to become something more than just a bust.
It is kind of suspicious, I won't lie or sugarcoat that. There has been flashes of good from all 3, flashes being the key word, unfortunately for me. I think they're going to find out very quickly, if not already, that LDT just straight up isn't ready this year; haven't seen anything from him to suggest he's ready for real work vs 1's.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of suspicious, I won't lie or sugarcoat that. There has been flashes of good from all 3, flashes being the key word, unfortunately for me. I think they're going to find out very quickly, if not already, that LDT just straight up isn't ready this year; haven't seen anything from him to suggest he's ready for real work vs 1's.

I'm just hoping they don't get it figured out till after week 2 so the Broncos can have some fun

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked lose in the wild card round, was thinking maybe miss the playoffs, but I think they just make it in.

Of course you made this projection back the summer...I kinda felt the same way.

Now...I'm on the fence...OL needs to come together quick...Charles imo is one of the most dangerous players in the league ball in hand, Maclin is an upgrade...we know they have edge pressure, back end is good enough...a lot to like in KC...if Smith is ready to go to another level, maybe.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you made this projection back the summer...I kinda felt the same way.

Now...I'm on the fence...OL needs to come together quick...Charles imo is one of the most dangerous players in the league ball in hand, Maclin is an upgrade...we know they have edge pressure, back end is good enough...a lot to like in KC...if Smith is ready to go to another level, maybe.
I was on the fence when I made that pick. Kind of feel the same way now.