• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 2) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets the amazing non-whistle on his moving screens and body checks on driving attempts. 14 fouls total in 202 minutes (and shocked by every one of them).
And still has one of the lowest fouls per touches in the NBA for all players, much less as much as he is around the basket.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, he fouled him two or three times, including wrapping his arm around his back before the shot. I was amazed they overturned the foul that was called.

The foul was called on the block apparently? That's what was reversed.

Regardless, didn't matter in the end.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, he fouled him two or three times, including wrapping his arm around his back before the shot. I was amazed they overturned the foul that was called.

To be fair, AD bumped him, but that isn't getting called in the playoffs. It was basically the same thing Joker did to Lebron earlier in the game that caused him to miss a layup and wasn't called. I figured the challenge would be upheld, but the call would have been that he held him before the block, but they ruled it "marginal".

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, AD bumped him, but that isn't getting called in the playoffs. It was basically the same thing Joker did to Lebron earlier in the game that caused him to miss a layup and wasn't called. I figured the challenge would be upheld, but the call would have been that he held him before the block, but they ruled it "marginal".
Yes and the lack of another timeout really hurt the Lakers. Having to challenge that in effect ended up ending things. That’s how it turned out anyway.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and the lack of another timeout really hurt the Lakers. Having to challenge that in effect ended up ending things. That’s how it turned out anyway.

Yeah, it was definitely a "Catch-22". If they don't challenge and Joker hits both free throws, that likely ends it as well.

But, on the inbounds pass AD "defaulted" to getting it to Lebron too quickly. Reaves was running the opposite sideline unchecked. Maybe they get a better shot if AD throws it to Reaves?

With a timeout, they could have advanced to half court and had a better play to run.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Bron and AD played a lot of minutes and part of the reason they lost those leads was because they were gassed.

And Ham is a moron.

Stop being lazy. That shit is why I don't like most Lakers fans.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone's talking about the Lakers being open to drafting Bronny.

I hope for the best for the kid...but, unless he's just wanting to get an NBA paycheck for a couple of years before going into business with his Dad, I think him declaring for the draft is a huge mistake.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone's talking about the Lakers being open to drafting Bronny.

I hope for the best for the kid...but, unless he's just wanting to get an NBA paycheck for a couple of years before going into business with his Dad, I think him declaring for the draft is a huge mistake.

He's not NBA ready. Doubt this happens but if Bronny would end up at Duquesne that would probably make his dad happy. The new HC (Dru Joyce) is a childhood friend and former HS teammate of LeBron's.