• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

X-Men '97

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW. Episode 5 is fucking awesome

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never watched this on first run. I was in college when it first aired, and I didn’t watch much tv in college.

So I binged over the last week or so so I could watch 97.

Holy shit on Ep5. That was legit some serious drama. Damn fine writing.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The finale was this week.

Overall I thought this was a great addition. And a great nostalgic callback to my childhood.

I would say a couple things.

I was surprised by how adult this show was. I would have thought it would be for kids as well as. Not sure if this works as a kids show.

Also, I felt like the show was too much of an extension of the original. I know that was the idea. But I would think any new viewers would have difficulty folllowing. Even for those who are familiar with other x-men projects.

But for me it was just nostalgic bliss.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Overall I thought this was a great addition. And a great nostalgic callback to my childhood.

I was surprised by how adult this show was. I would have thought it would be for kids as well as. Not sure if this works as a kids show.

Also, I felt like the show was too much of an extension of the original. I know that was the idea. But I would think any new viewers would have difficulty folllowing. Even for those who are familiar with other x-men projects.

Definitely not directed to kids. It is targeted at the ‘90s kids who watched the show 25 years ago. And MCU adults. Very similar to Clone Wars, imho. It started as a kids show, but they quickly realized that their real audience was the kids’ dads, not the kids.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was excellent. My only knock on it is it moved too fast. They burned thru so many good arcs so quickly. They had already been given a two season order (2nd season has currently already been written btw) so I don't know why they felt the need to go so fast.