• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darvin Ham fired

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I want him but somebody like Cassell has a better shot at success because he is a longtime assistant.

Sure, but his plentiful interviews without a hire raises some questions.

No experience is tempered by having experienced assistants. Plus, no bad habits/tendencies to break I guess?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of guys with no HC experience he is the one I would want if they don't hire Borrego.

Borrego is such a vanilla hire IMO. Middling success with a middling franchise. Earned an extension, fired a year later.

I'd rather have Atkinson or Stotts if they're going with a former head coach. My preference is for an assistant hire though, if not Redick. Adelman, Cassell, maybe Nori.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but his plentiful interviews without a hire raises some questions.

No experience is tempered by having experienced assistants. Plus, no bad habits/tendencies to break I guess?

That Cassell thing is a red flag for me. He's been an assistant FOREVER, been a candidate before, yet no one has ever given a shot? It's hard to believe that its because that's just the way things shook out. It reads more like he doesn't interview well and there's something tipping teams off into not hiring him once they get deep into the process

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cassell thing is a red flag for me. He's been an assistant FOREVER, been a candidate before, yet no one has ever given a shot? It's hard to believe that its because that's just the way things shook out. It reads more like he doesn't interview well and there's something tipping teams off into not hiring him once they get deep into the process

I like him as a candidate, but that does give Bieniemy vibes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have received permission to interview Cassell, Borrego, Adelman, Nori, and Quinn among others.