• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Allstar Game

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will make the team this year? I don’t really see any legit all stars on this team this year, so I think we will be relegated to the pity-representative. Who will that be?

Wade is having a nice season, but not when you take into account he is a first baseman.

Maybe Hicks? Doval? Webb? None of them are screaming that they have to be a part of the game, but I guess each would be OK reps.

My guess is Hicks is our representative this year.

And that is sad, and yet another testament against FZ.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mlb-wins-above-average-by-position-v0-8yp3v31sly2d1.jpeg

Found this on Reddit. Apparently, Chapman is essentially the best all around 3B in the game right now. Can’t say I was expecting that…

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mlb-wins-above-average-by-position-v0-8yp3v31sly2d1.jpeg

Found this on Reddit. Apparently, Chapman is essentially the best all around 3B in the game right now. Can’t say I was expecting that…
According to this graph, the starting rotation is the 8th worst in baseball. That surprises me.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to this graph, the starting rotation is the 8th worst in baseball. That surprises me.
That includes Snell and a very rough start. I am not that surprised by that ranking. We knew there ere holes going in to the start of the season (though Snell has been 100x worse than expected).

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will make the team this year? I don’t really see any legit all stars on this team this year, so I think we will be relegated to the pity-representative. Who will that be?

Wade is having a nice season, but not when you take into account he is a first baseman.

Maybe Hicks? Doval? Webb? None of them are screaming that they have to be a part of the game, but I guess each would be OK reps.

My guess is Hicks is our representative this year.

And that is sad, and yet another testament against FZ.
Bailey?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you use the chart cap posted, there are about 20 catching corps with better WAA. Doubt it will be Bailey. Hicks and maybe Webb are about it
Going off that same chart, Chappy, surprisingly, has a chance as well.

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you use the chart cap posted, there are about 20 catching corps with better WAA. Doubt it will be Bailey. Hicks and maybe Webb are about it
Seems its often a popularity contest or what you’ve heard about a player rather than who has the best stats or is the most deserving when it comes to getting selected for the ball Star game
The All Star game is a joke anyway; has been for a long time. Gone are the days when Pete Rose blew up Ray Fosse at the plate in order to win the game

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems its often a popularity contest or what you’ve heard about a player rather than who has the best stats or is the most deserving when it comes to getting selected for the ball Star game
The All Star game is a joke anyway; has been for a long time. Gone are the days when Pete Rose blew up Ray Fosse at the plate in order to win the game
I would say the all star game went to crap starting in about 1949. Wouldn’t you agree?

Brightboat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the all star game went to crap starting in about 1949. Wouldn’t you agree?
No. there was a time, perhaps even in your lifetime, when the game meant something to the players; when they took pride in winning the game and hated losing to the other league