• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Target got got (de facto Bad Cyber Stuff thread)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never used Bitwarden but I hear good things about it. The thing that worries me about it and LastPass is their "ease of use" cloud integration. The "cloud" is just someone else's computer that you don't control the security of. I do like that BitWarden (at least claims to) has a zero knowledge model, so they can't see anything about your password database. So, assuming you have a super strong master password, you should be fine if (when) they get breached and your password DB is stolen.

I use KeePass. It's an offline db, so it feels a little more controllable to me. It's not user friendly, but that doesn't bother me. My main database is on a file share on my network only me and my wife have access to. I keep a copy on my google drive and have my Android app only open on my fingerprint. I then point that to the Google Drive where it connects to the database copy on the G drive which has a phrase as the password should I ever need to access it remotely, which is rare. So if someone gets my phone, they would need my thumb and my passphrase. Even if my G drive got breached they'd still need the passphrase, which is currently like 40 characters.