• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I’m bored, Part Herbert!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like interference is also an issue in MLB - What a strange ending to a ball game.

That was crazy. I never saw anything like that before. Well besides a few (very few) obvious interference attempts over the years. Gunnar even looked confused, and if the fielder does not know he was interfered with......

Oh well, expecting a huge strike zone for White Sox pitchers the next few days.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB's primary focus this offseason should be umpire education/re-education. Reinforcing the strike zone, plays at the plate, etc. And perhaps ways to get demote umpires not doing well. More than any time in my life it seems umpiring, specifically umpires calling balls and strikes are being criticized. Whenever I am at a bar, restaurant, or Greyhound station and I see SportsCenter on - it seems they are always showing awful calls and talking about the umps.

I think its too late, I actually think robot umpires will be here in a few years. I've been bitching about that for 15 years so that makes me happy. In the meantime I'd still like more consistency from the human umpires.

Man I hope the robot umpires have Scarlett Johansson's voice.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like interference is also an issue in MLB - What a strange ending to a ball game.

I'll only say three things.
I think the call made on the field was correct.
My Seize The Grey bet made me very very wealthy.
And *counting money* everyone's got a price, for the Million Dollar Poster.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think "essentially" is doing a lot of work here.

Think they see it as this: "It's a bug in the rulebook and it shouldn't be there but it is there and the umps knew that and called the rule as it's written."

Have we lost the ability to apply common sense in such a situation? In no way did the baserunner obstruct the fielder to make a play and the infield fly rule applied as well. The crew chief should have stepped up and correctly ruled that no obstruction occurred, there's two outs and let's play ball.