• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to learn the playbook,
Maye told reporters on Saturday that he was reading the playbook for six hours after the minicamp practice was over and that he would be spending twice as much time re-reading it.

Kid has a sense of humor, but does know how critical it is to ""know"" the playbook. It's going to be more critical to actually get repetition of every play in the book live, multiple times. That's where the 'kinks' will get worked out.

Listening to him talk, "I" think he's planning on taking over this offense before the season starts.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s look at the schedule before we decide who starts 1st game. Let’s look at preseason before we give him QB1
" Listening to him talk, "I" think he's planning on taking over this offense before the season starts."

I think he's planning, nowhere did anyone say he is QB1. Stop turning minnows into whales.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's planning, nowhere did anyone say he is QB1. Stop turning minnows into whales.
No minnows, no whales. This kid is confident in himself and is pretty much telling anyone who will listen that he's already working toward his own goals. "I" think he wants to start and isn't going to take a back seat to anyone. This coaching staff will be the only thing that puts speed bumps in his way, unless 'he' shits the bed and fails to reach his own goals. Won't know anything until August.

YOU said QB1, I said that in my opinion, he's setting his goal to take over the offense.
Listening to him talk, "I" think he's planning on taking over this offense before the season starts.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably why BB did not allow the media in. Last thing a rookie needs planted in his head is that there are all of a sudden issue with his game. He needs to learn the playbook, work on the timing of the offense, get comfortable with new receivers, learn to read defenses, coaches don't want to add more to an already daunting undertaking.
I like this take, be strict but don’t overdo it and break the kid’s confidence.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye told reporters on Saturday that he was reading the playbook for six hours after the minicamp practice was over and that he would be spending twice as much time re-reading it.

Kid has a sense of humor, but does know how critical it is to ""know"" the playbook. It's going to be more critical to actually get repetition of every play in the book live, multiple times. That's where the 'kinks' will get worked out.

You don't learn the playbook by reading it, you learn it by executing it. But reading is a good start.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't learn the playbook by reading it, you learn it by executing it. But reading is a good start.
Combination.

You learn the plays by reading the book. And discussing with coaches and vets.
You learn to execute the plays by practicing them.

You cannot practice the play if you do not know the play, you cannot execute the play well if you do not practice it.

It's why all science classes have required labs, and you cannot take the lab without the corresponding class.